DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
these lube places also use the wrong ATF, not Mopar ATF 3 or 4 like when my mother in law let them top off her fluids. They claim they have the fluid but I think it's just dexron with some additive which is not an appropriate subsitution in a Chrysler vehicle, especially front wheel drive. Her plug got stripped too and they never said anything about it. It sucks because the next person that performs an Oil change get's the metal shavings and stripped end of it. These guys usually don't know Mopar. This is something I think Chrysler should do something about because after about 15 Oil changes it's usually stripped or messed up. Who knows how many people have this condition.

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
602 Posts
oh cool, interesting man.... yeah I think they also have a TSB out about using the new Mopar 9602 stuff that is now supposedly being used as a factory fill in that is the replacement for 7176.

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.