DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up and installed some bright blue LEDs in my Intrepid and all I got to say is WOW. They really brighten up the interior and make the car look super cool. The LEDs I bought took some rewiring because they came attatched with a battery and a hold down button which had to be removed so I headed over to O'Reillys and payed about $2.20 for a cigarette lighter plug in that was all ready to be wired up. I'll see if I can find the links for the products.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,443 Posts
A little too much bling for me...but whatever floats your boat. Hope those are only on when the doors open? Otherwise they look really bright and a distraction while driving.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A little too much bling for me...but whatever floats your boat. Hope those are only on when the doors open? Otherwise they look really bright and a distraction while driving.
My overhead console lights stopped working so I said why not. I have them wired up to one of those things that plug into the cigarette lighter so they are only on when I want them to be.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,443 Posts
Shouldn't be too much work to get the overhead/map lights working again. Have you checked the bulbs?

·
Registered
706 Posts
i would have gone with green to match the interior. this coming from a guy who changed all of his interior lighting to blue. lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks Good!

I went with the green and I also used a plug so I can use them when I want.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks Good!

I went with the green and I also used a plug so I can use them when I want.
And you got matching underglows! I dont know how it is for your state but here you cant have blue or red underglows becasue they make your car resemble an emergency vehicle. The green looks cool but I would have thought that you would go with red on the outside to match the paint. I like it anyway!

So far I have gotten alot of compliments (mostly from kids at school) about how they thought they were cool. Don't call me a ricer but I think they just at a touch of cool to the car and they really help you find stuff if you drop it on the floor! I was thinking about getting red ones for my Camaro as well but the cig lighter isnt as conviniently placed as in this car.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i like the look. Im gonna do it sometime, ill place it behind a bit so u can only see the glow from it tho

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm just curious as to why you don't hard wire to the cars battery and add a switch to turn them on and off. Other than that, nice mod. As long as you like it who cares though, right?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm just curious as to why you don't hard wire to the cars battery and add a switch to turn them on and off. Other than that, nice mod. As long as you like it who cares though, right?
I thought about it and decided that it would be too much of a pain in the butt for a self taught amateur electrician like myself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
And you got matching underglows! I dont know how it is for your state but here you cant have blue or red underglows becasue they make your car resemble an emergency vehicle. The green looks cool but I would have thought that you would go with red on the outside to match the paint. I like it anyway!

So far I have gotten alot of compliments (mostly from kids at school) about how they thought they were cool. Don't call me a ricer but I think they just at a touch of cool to the car and they really help you find stuff if you drop it on the floor! I was thinking about getting red ones for my Camaro as well but the cig lighter isnt as conviniently placed as in this car.
Thanks! And yes, I would have loved to get red to go with the theme of the car, but red and blue would definitely be illegal!

I thought about it and decided that it would be too much of a pain in the butt for a self taught amateur electrician like myself.
Same Here! LOL!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts