DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to make the interior look even more different, I had the center of the seats dyed black (kind of the opposite of the pro-am seats), and I ordered a set of black (dark slate) floor mats.

I added my new shifter bezel with the boot, replacing the fish scale bezel.

Charles

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Damn...how much was the dye job if you dont mind telling...looks great

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looks nice.

Do you have any details on the dye job? Was it an upholstery shop that did the work? I've got a taupe wood/leather wheel that I would love to put on my Concorde if it was black. Yours is the first job I've seen that actually looks decent.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anytime you are dyeing something, it is always easier to go darker, it would be very hard to go from black to tan or red.

It was an upholstery shop that I use here in San Diego, they put the 2nd gen seats in my Intrepid.

I am still considering changing the carpet to black.

Charles

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Chief Brody said:
Looks nice.

Do you have any details on the dye job? Was it an upholstery shop that did the work? I've got a taupe wood/leather wheel that I would love to put on my Concorde if it was black. Yours is the first job I've seen that actually looks decent.
Derek painted his wheel with the mopar interior paint and it actually came out surprisingly well. Also, if you're interested, I found a place that sells factory match leather dye and they have all the colors our cars came with. I'm probably going to order from them and do my wheel if I ever find one(because I doubt I'll get one in black), and wetsanding then redyeing my lower seat cushions if I get the nerve up.

Back on track, I really like that Charles. Very unique while still looking like it could be stock.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
it looks kinda green because of the light. It reminds me of the Orvis Edition Grand Cherokee seats:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dabirdzR/T said:
very nice, i think next year you have to make it to carlisle!!

with both cars ;)

As soon as I win the lottery I will buy a transporter, but until then I don't think I will be driving 6 thousand miles on a single trip. I tell you what, as soon as you come to San Diego with yours, I will bring mine to Carlisle.

Charles

1 - 20 of 21 Posts