DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i'm wanting to do somthin with my stock interior, yes i know i can get a new radio but i'll do that a lil bit later when i got the money, right now i was thinking about painting my speaker grills the same color as my car, silver, and maybe painting the plate around my radio silver, but i was wondering hum with tan and blackish brown interior would that look right/good? well i got some pics so you can see the parts i'm thinking about painting, my car is silver, its gonna have blue neons under it sometime, the main theme of it i'm hoping is gonna be silver,blue and a lil bit of black.. any tips on painting my interior?
PICS:
Speaker Grills
plate around radior, and climet control center
thats the paint i will be useing

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
It's all easy to paint and there are plenty of threads about it. I think silver would be a safe choice, however I wouldnt use that paint you chose. I'd go with some Krylon or comparable brand that is designed for plastic.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know its easy to paint them, i plan on painting cars for a living when i get older, but i was just wondering what it would look like, maybe some other oppenions on it, and the paint choice... where can i buy them paints you where talking about, they are in a rattle can right?

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Xpid said:
where can i buy them paints you where talking about, they are in a rattle can right?

You want to get Krylon Fusion paint for plastics. It works great for interior painting. You can find this at any Home Depot, WallMart, Meijer's etc. It only takes about an hour to dry.

Dave :evilking:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok... i'm thinking about just repainting the soposable black parts... well do i need to pime it? and how do i get the signs for like the windows and the door locks to stay there or do i just paint over that? :hmm:

·
Registered
5 Posts
To do the black parts your going to want to....
1. Wash it
2. wet sand it and then wash it again(wet sanding helps to get the paint to stick to the plastic)
3. Prime...yes you should prime it especially if you are going from a black to i guess you said silver...?
4. Color...what ever you have choosen
5. Then a clear coat the more clear coats you do the better off you are to help prevent fading from the sun

and take the pieces off to get the best results and about the symbols on the windows and doorlocks...usually you would just leave them black otherwise its gonna look real bad if ur not some michangelo artist

·
Registered
662 Posts
All I did for mine was wash it really really well. This is key, if you don't get all the dirt that fingers and hands carry, it will end up blotchy and uneven. I used one of those Mr. Clean magic erasers to do this and it worked good. Use as many coats as you need. I used the Krylon and it worked well. Pics are in my cardomain in my signature if you're interested in seeing how blue looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts