DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the other day that the plastic trim along the inside of the doors, along with the weatherstripping, has pulled away slightly in the upper corners by the b-pillars in all 4 doors..is it supposed to be out like that, or flush? How do I fix it? I tried pushing it back in, but it feels like the trim...well...shrunk, for lack of a better term.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Yup, it shrunk. It is a common problem. As long as the plastic trim didn't crack you can oull off the trim on the bottom and reposition the weatherstripping all around the door and then you'll end up with a gap at the bottom that you can fill in with a small piece of universal weatherstripping. Personally I opted to replace mine because the interior trim was cracked and it looked terrible.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Kitulu said:
I noticed the other day that the plastic trim along the inside of the doors, along with the weatherstripping, has pulled away slightly in the upper corners by the b-pillars in all 4 doors..is it supposed to be out like that, or flush? How do I fix it? I tried pushing it back in, but it feels like the trim...well...shrunk, for lack of a better term.
You can seperate the very lower portion of the weather stripping and re stretch it...hold it in place with 3M double sided (foamy stuff) tape...and if the plastic is peeling away, you could always do what I did...
BEFORE:

DURING:

AFTER:

To me it looks okay...took awhile to get it all off, but worth it in the end. Plus I saves myself some cash with buying new stuff only to have it happen again down the road.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I pried up the panel on the floor, and discovered that the trim is already split there, prolly comes that way, so all I had to do was pull the weatherstripping out along with the trim, and reposition it...worked like a charm, except that the trim on the driver's rear door cracked and started flaking off...I think I can repair it if I can find a kit at the parts store or something.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Hope it works out for you. I tried to glue mine (and my wifes) but the glue(s) I tried didn't want to work for some reason. That is why I just removed the covering. If you figure out a good wy to re stick it let me know so I can fix my wifes. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts