DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning & night the interior of my windshield and the rear window are always foggy. I have tried "Penzoil fog wipes", and windex. Nothing seems to work. What can I use for Interior windows that takes away the current fog, and prevents it from coming back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,649 Posts
Do you treat the vinyl in your car often? If so with what? It's pretty common for a lot of vinyl and plastic cleaners to emmit fumes that will collect on the insides of the interior glass and make it look foggy. This also happens with brand new cars for about the first 6 months. Especially if the car sits in the sun for extended periods of time. If it's comming from the vinyl treatment you are using you can try switching brands or just stop using it. Other than that I'm not sure what to tell you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dbaudiopro said:
Do you treat the vinyl in your car often? If so with what? It's pretty common for a lot of vinyl and plastic cleaners to emmit fumes that will collect on the insides of the interior glass and make it look foggy. This also happens with brand new cars for about the first 6 months. Especially if the car sits in the sun for extended periods of time. If it's comming from the vinyl treatment you are using you can try switching brands or just stop using it. Other than that I'm not sure what to tell you...
Yes I use Meguires vinyl wipes about once a week. Also my car is indeed parked in the sun alot. It did it also when I used Armor All.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,649 Posts
crombiekid23 said:

Yes I use Meguires vinyl wipes about once a week. Also my car is indeed parked in the sun alot. It did it also when I used Armor All.
It's probably your vynil treatment then. I use Meguiar's as well (not the wipes) and I get it for a couple days after I treat it. But I only treat the stuff about once a month. Try using a clean towel and buffing off the plastic and vinyl a couple hours after using the wipes. I should help remove any excess product and should help reduce the fog. Also, you might want to just start dusting the interior each week and using the wipes every other week or so. Of course if the car is parked out in the sun a lot you will want to keep regular treatments up to protect the interior...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Hot damn!

I was wondering that this morning when my windows were all fogged up. I'll have to try this out. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
I have used Armour All on all my vehicles, including the Intrepid we purchased last month. However, I have noticed this car has a much stronger tendancy for the windows to fog up, much more so than my last car, a Cougar I had for nine years. In fact, I mentioned this fact to my wife a couple of days ago, before this thread was even started. Strange to see another Intrepid owner remarking on the same phenomenon .
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
980 Posts
Rain-x used to make a product that was suppose to take care of this problem however I do not know if they still do, you might check at Pep boys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on going to Trek Auto tomorrow (actually today) and see what they have to offer. If they have anything worth my $$, I'll let you guys know what works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,649 Posts
The problem is this isn't "fog" so anti-fog cleaners won't work. It's actually a film from the gases given off by the vinyl that just make the windows appear foggy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dbaudiopro said:
The problem is this isn't "fog" so anti-fog cleaners won't work. It's actually a film from the gases given off by the vinyl that just make the windows appear foggy...
Yes, but I still would like to remove this 'film of crap" off of my windows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
So that explains it. Thanks for the tip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,649 Posts
crombiekid23 said:

Yes, but I still would like to remove this 'film of crap" off of my windows.
Then your best bet is Windex (or equivalent). All I was saying is to avoid the "anti-fog" products because they won't prevent this situation from occuring...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
AHAHAAAA i was thinking the other day

i work late nights ,and i have noticed the same stuff . well i used tire wet on my dash it really looked like **** after sitting in sun for a few days. windows looked fogged:baaa:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did indeed used windex. Then BAM!! My windows no longer had that foggy look to them. Now I can see at night time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
crombiekid23 said:
I did indeed used windex. Then BAM!! My windows no longer had that foggy look to them. Now I can see at night time.
do you smoke in your car? that makes a film too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
VISION1 said:


do you smoke in your car? that makes a film too...
Nope, I quit smoking in the car in January. It was too smokey for me. :eek:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top