DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing this sound lately sometimes.........sorta a clicking/grinding sound......more clicking than grinding really.......I can't really explain the sound.

ANYWAYS, did it today on startup.......so I got a chance to pop the hood and listen for it........seems to be coming from the passenger side front of the engine bay if I had to take a guess. If I look at where the belt goes around the A/C, I'd say that SEEMS to be where the sound may be coming from.

Anyone else? Think it's the A/C........or think it's an idler pulley or something?

Rob

·
Woober Goobers!
50,761 Posts
Maybe the clutch on the A/C compressor? Could be an idler pulley also.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure......just heard it while it was idling today.....

Normally I've been hearing something sometimes while I'm driving (thought it was a wheel rubbing on something).

Later today, the next time I started the car, it wasn't making the noise.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Yeah my car does that on start up also.(it had ever since this past fall) Its not a minor click, its rather loud, but goes away after awile. everytime i open the hood i lose the sound because of the added noise from the engine directly.

Personally i hope its nothing, because i also park on a incline with teh engine higher than the trunk. So i kind of linked it to that.

I was also thinking it was water pump. (i ran the coolent/anti-freeze low this past fall to the point it would only push hot air when the rpms where over 2K) But the car engine temp is always in the same place so i am thinking its good yet. (i had a small hole in one of the hoses from the accident)

i am going look into it when i get home for the semester. i dont drive it much when im at school.

Maybe not the same thing but i hear somthing mines more of a tick then a click

1 - 5 of 5 Posts