DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my dodge Intrepid for about 2 years now. Love it . It's great
On Thursday when the temp was about 5 below 0, I try to start it with my remote start as I have been doing for a year. The car won't start.
I discover that one of the Plug Cap is burnt. I change it and still It won't start.Everything seems OK. I put gas treatment into my gas and it start. After an hour, It burnt the same plug cap and this time it also burnt the Computer that control the Spark. I ordered it from the Junk Yard. I should on Friday.
Question: Does anyone knows of this or what may have cause this to happen? PLEASE HELP...ANY ADVISE WILL BE MORE THAN WELCOME

Thank You
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
By plug cap do you mean your coil packs? Which engine do you have? Sure seems like you have a strange electrical problem by all of these burnt parts. I have no answer right now myself. Keep us up to date.
Donnie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
that is odd, can't think of anything that would cause that with a circuit like a spark plug has, seems like a short where the wires get really hot from having so much current put through them.

but spark plugs are pulsed... strange.
 

·
Mopar or No Car
Joined
·
7,869 Posts
Before installing the new PCM (computer) and coil pack I'd check the wiring between the two very carefully. It may have been a bad PCM that made it happen in the first place but it could also have been some kind of short in the wiring ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will definitely double check all wires before installing the computer.

Please any more advise will be really appreciated

Thank You
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top