DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gas gauge dosen't work any more. I checked the fuse box no problems in that area. Any news will help! :confused:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey bro, this may help you use the process of elimination to figure out if it's a failed guage or fuel sensor.

The following is a copy of a previous post....

Hey guys, I want to expose this little secret to the Mopar brotherhood for us Dodge/Chrysler guys. Many of you may already know this but here is a very cool thing.
Hold down your Tripometer/Trip reset button/push stick while your vehicle is off, put the keys to the ON position, don't turn them enough to get the stereo or AC/Heat going, just to the ON position! Let go, wait a couple seconds and watch your Instruments, LED's & Gauges! Your care will look like it has a mind of it's own! It should test all of your Instruments, LED'& Gauges in your dash console above your steering wheel. This is how the dealers usually test functionality! I love this, it looks so tight! If you do it at night or in the dark you can also turn your parking lights on to light up your Instruments & Gauges so you can see

Hope this helps.

Later,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I had a problem when my gas guage would go to 0, ding, & go back to where it was. It just needed a fuel sending KIT!. The key word is KIT! The OTHER dealer wanted to sell me a whole fuel assembly for $600. Turns out kit was available & the parts box was dated 1997. Gee guess it's been around awhile! Don't let them tell you that you need the whole 600 dollar fuel sending unit. You may not.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
yesterday out of stupidity I ran my gas tank down to the point that the OTIS distance to empty read only 1 mile to go!!

damn I hope that thing isn't to accurate, kinda scary to think I had less than a mile to go..what would of happened if the gas station had a line or closed early for some reason????

I never reached zero miles and never hope to either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts