DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have noticed by looked at other car-club web sites that ours seems to have a lot more "car-complaints" than others.:( .
i think if others were to be looking to buy a Trep and read messages in our website they might think twice..i know i have posted some Trep complaints, but i still love my Trep!! I hope to reading more positive posts:bigsmile:

ps good luck Titleist.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
The complaints never used to be here that much, just in the last 6 months it's gotten really bad.

·
Registered
98 Posts
it's no secret intrepids have a lot of problems. As my cousin says, "every car has it's perks and quirks."

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know.. thats what i mean it's the same company.. doesn't make our cars seem that reliable.. Remember i love my Trep.. i just wish there weren't so many complaints.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I would say most people have legit probs.. There are some here who actually don't like Treps and just flame them here... WHich kinda makes me wonder why they are here..

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Depends what you call "flaming"... telling someone to avoid 2.7's if they are looking to buy an Intrepid might be flaming in your book... in mine it's good advice

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
remember that bad news travels 10 times faster and sticks 10 times harder than good news and praise. what you have to keep in mind is that there's 10 times as many intrepids out there with 150k and running strong as there are sitting in the yard with trannies blown at 30k (this doesn't include 2.7s with blown motors, those just suck ;) ). i think people also expect too much out of some older intrepids, like 93-95....you gotta remember they're getting close to 10 years old. stuff goes wrong on old cars.

my $.02

·
Registered
576 Posts
all im asking for is a bullet proof tranny and a A/C system that wasnt designed by a mokey

·
Registered
689 Posts
Meh, I've been lucky so far. No tranny problems yet. The A/C is dead, but it died before we got the car, so the dealer gave us $1000 of the price of the car, and I drive with the windows open. Still, any complaints I could possibly have about the car (which are few) just evaporate when I start it up, and step on the gas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my only real complaint about intrepids is the small engine bay. you cant do ne thing in there but well its just a small hassle compaired to what the car can actually do. i have nerver herd a complaint from all my friends and most of them r goin out and buyin treps them selves cuz htey think the cars r so kool!! god i love that thing!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hey, the AC shelled out on my last one, so I bought a new one!

What else can you do?

·
Registered
379 Posts
popnfresh24 said:
my only real complaint about intrepids is the small engine bay. you cant do ne thing in there but well its just a small hassle compaired to what the car can actually do. i have nerver herd a complaint from all my friends and most of them r goin out and buyin treps them selves cuz htey think the cars r so kool!! god i love that thing!!!!!!!!!
Dont feel bad. You need four elbows per arm to work on a Honda.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts