DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry. The address does not bring you directly to the page. Scroll down to search and type in squad cars. Tada, then there it is!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Pretty cool site- I will be glad to see the Intrepids as police cars. Imagine people pulling out your way because they can't tell if your driving an unmarked police car or not.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
we have actually started building a few Intrepid cop cars this week. They come with rubber floor mat not carpet, they have bucket seats with a coulm shifter. they also are wired for a trunk mounted battery and have lots of extra wiring for the police equipment. The engine is a 3.5 300M-R/T motor. all heavy duty cooling ,alt. and brakes. From what I saw the brakes have different callipers and a different master cylinder . The suspension is even more HD than a 300 with the performance handling package

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't laugh!!! The other day, my wife was laughing hysterically because down the street from where I was driving, there it was, a black Intrepid Taxi. What a downer!!!
Not an RT but I couldn't figure out whether it was an SE or ES. Too far.
Yep... Nascar, Police, Hacks. What next,,,pimp mobiles?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
No they have the front fascia with the fog lights. and black 16 inch steel rims with Goodyear GSA. The speedo is 150 MPH unit that is certified accurate.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
there's cabbies in town that drive base intrepids, all 2nd gen. i also saw a nice-ass accord v6 ex cab in canada last time i was there...that's one cab i wouldn't mind taking.

·
Registered
504 Posts
First, driving around San Fransisco, I saw a LOT of Intrepid cabs. Anyway, here's the big question... will the parts for the Police Intrepid be available for everyday people like me? Specifically, can I get a 150MPH speedometer?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I was watching this one movie, The Watcher (I think), and they had as a police car a 2nd gen Intrepid. It was unmarked and I believe an ES. The fog lights looked normal, but when the police sirens and lights were activated, the fog lights doubled as police lights. I thought it was rather cool. :)

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I go to Toronto there is tons of Intrepid taxis. They are just the base model 2.7L.

About the front bumper guys, I was thinking abut this the other night, what about just going to the junk yard and TRY and find a bumper from an SE or base(pre-2000) and slap it on your ES or R/T??
Just a thought

Brian
'99 Inferno Red 2.7L

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
They wreck a new Intrepid in that new movie "The Rat Race" a green SE.

I saw the Watcher, the Intrepid was probably the only good part in the movie...that movie was HORRIBLE!! But it was cool they used our car. They show a couple seconds of hard driving in it...pretty cool. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
You guys think a taxi cab Intrepid is bad? I went to pick up a rental car and the person at Avis asked me if I was returning a rental car (sheesh).

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
You will see a lot of Intrepid Taxi's in canada because they are built in Canada. Im sure the taxi commision gets some sort of funding from the government... and im sure they have a say in what vechicles are bought.

Thats why you only see Crown Victorias and Impalas... at least here in NYC. You will never see any imported taxis.

Well... then again, i did see a MERCEDES taxi a few years back. If i remember correctly, it was a minivan.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Djpill-Crown Victorias are also built in Canada .I have never heard of the goverment telling taxis what cars to buy. they buy what lasts and what they get the best price on.
Madtxn - yes the parts will fit , but I dont think you will be able to get them at the dealer . Im sure they are for police only.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
C'mon DJ, what about those Honda Odyssey minivan taxis we see all over the city?

Sheesh, they look ugly in yellow!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I live in London Ontario Canada, and we have a few of first and second generations as cabs. I think they use them because it is a well made and spacious car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts