DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 Intrepid. Has anyone tried to install the Daytime Running Light module mentioned in the Service Manual? Costs about $100 list from the Dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
No, but if I had them, I'd be trying to un-install them real quick! ;)

I like the concept of turning my headlights on when I want them on. And a lot of times I do drive with them on during the day. And the sad thing is, the way people act, they still don't see me coming. :(

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
isnt there a way of installing day time running light and then maybe adding a toggle switch to it whihc would allow you to turn them off if you wanted?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
They're VERY easy to find used as all Intrepid's ever made for Canada have it. I would say the best way if you want a toggle switch is to just use your headlights and forget the DRL's ;)

·
Registered
709 Posts
From how the module is set up, it looks to be rather simple to install (snaps in place just a pain to get it aimed right) but when I tried to remove mine to sell to another DI.net member I damned near broke the thing..... so it's a in for good unless you pull the whole dash appart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I "adjusted" the lock tabs before plugging the module in. Easier to take out. The next owner may not want DNL.
DNL always seems to bring up all sorts of driver control discussions. Kinda like the drivers years ago that didn't want computers controlling their car engines, the mandating of radial tires or the government forcing seatbelt use (remember 1974?). Thanks again.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,362 Posts
I had the DRL on my 2000 SE. I remember there being a fuse in the junction block labeled..believe it or not...DRL!! It was power to the DRL module and if removed turned off the DRls. The high beams still worked normally as they bypass the DRL module when they're turned on. I ran without the fuse for at least a year with no problems. There's a thought for someone that has DRL and wants a quick bypass by just pulling the fuse. Or as someone suggested above a switch could be wired in to the fuse socket for selective DRL use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts