DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note to self: Intrepid is not immune to police P.I.T. maneuver!

I just saw this on youtube: As part of a crash investigation conference, police practiced crime scenes/crashes in Las Vegas. One of the five instances they staged was a practice Pursuit Intervention Technique (P.I.T.) on this Intrepid ES. :crying:

You can watch the video yourself here:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I know a few people that are trained stunt drivers and they train the FHP here at the airport. Theres so many ways to get out of the P.I.T, regain control like the mustang did. If you kick it in reverse half way into the spin you will slow down in the spin and end up doing a 180*. Thing is it only works for a RWD car. for a FWD you have to going though the spin then kick it into reverse after the spin is complete then and go about 10 to 25 feet backwards then spin the car around and kick it into drive IE: make the car whip around.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think I can outsmart and outdrive a cop. I just wish I knew a cop willing to give me a go. Theres more ways to AVOID a PIT to begin with, rather than get out of it. Maybe when I become a cop, Ill take on one of you here.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I think I can outsmart and outdrive a cop. I just wish I knew a cop willing to give me a go. Theres more ways to AVOID a PIT to begin with, rather than get out of it. Maybe when I become a cop, Ill take on one of you here.

in the video the pit is slow to show the point but on the street(out side that video) they come up quick and before you know it, its done.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,616 Posts
:listen:
If you're seriously waiting to become a cop maybe you shouldn't leave these comments on a public forum because if they come across it in an extensive background/character investigation for pre-employment, you might be dropped from consideration. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Best advice yet. Never put yourself in a vulnerable position, such as your rear quarter near the front quarter of a pursuitor. They teach you stuff like this in professional driving courses made for drivers of important people (bank managers, CEOs, etc.).

Always watch your mirrors, and if any car approaches your rear, use the brakes to help yourself. Slow down QUICKLY, get behind or beside your pursuitor and reverse-PIT him before he has time to react.

Obviously I'm not encouraging people to try this on cops, but say if the Mafia is after you and you have to play Jason Statham ...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'll give you a go then. Gotta warn you though, I also drive a NASCAR G.N. Sportsman car too. I think you'll loose. :rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Best advice yet. Never put yourself in a vulnerable position, such as your rear quarter near the front quarter of a pursuitor. They teach you stuff like this in professional driving courses made for drivers of important people (bank managers, CEOs, etc.).

Always watch your mirrors, and if any car approaches your rear, use the brakes to help yourself. Slow down QUICKLY, get behind or beside your pursuitor and reverse-PIT him before he has time to react.

Obviously I'm not encouraging people to try this on cops, but say if the Mafia is after you and you have to play Jason Statham ...

I wanna see someone drop back and do the PIT on a cop that was trying to do it to them :D

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I'll give you a go then. Gotta warn you though, I also drive a NASCAR G.N. Sportsman car too. I think you'll loose. :rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin:
Oh, and anyone* can drive a well setup car. The real test is what can you do with a random car. Like the car your neighbor three doors down drives; you know the one. What can you do with that?

* Although there's always folks who can't drive well no matter what you put them in.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh, and anyone* can drive a well setup car. The real test is what can you do with a random car. Like the car your neighbor three doors down drives; you know the one. What can you do with that?

* Although there's always folks who can't drive well no matterwhat you put them in.
Guy has a Charger. Not too much diff from the cruisers, so that one should not be a problem either ... lol :fun_08:

And on another note, those cars are not always well set up, but you still have to drive them like you stole them as the saying goes ... lol. :fun_08:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts