DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 yr old in daddy's car against lil ol' me in my ES...his tunes were thumpin', mine were thumpin' much louder...light turns green....I never noticed before how nice the tailights are on the Montes, but I got a good look for about 5 seconds tonight. But that is ok because I was thumping louder and sweeter.

:eek:bsessed::eek:bsessed::eek:bsessed::eek:bsessed:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Kenny Rogers:

You got to now when to hold
You got to know when to fold...

'twas a valiant effort though...

·
Registered
36 Posts
= (

i still gotta race my buddy with his 94 lumina 3.4L

i think i can take the monte-lumina out = P

anybody in here race a lumina b4?
I have a '98 Monte Carlo LTZ(the fastest Monte Carlo in '98) with the 3800.

Due to my transmission problems. I have never really been able to let the 'trep stretch it's legs, but I do not suspect that my Monte would be that hard of a kill for a 'trep with the 3.5. It would be a fun race to watch.

·
Registered
545 Posts
18 yr old in daddy's car against lil ol' me in my ES...his tunes were thumpin', mine were thumpin' much louder...light turns green....I never noticed before how nice the tailights are on the Montes, but I got a good look for about 5 seconds tonight. But that is ok because I was thumping louder and sweeter.

Sounds like fun..

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a '98 Monte Carlo LTZ(the fastest Monte Carlo in '98) with the 3800.

Due to my transmission problems. I have never really been able to let the 'trep stretch it's legs, but I do not suspect that my Monte would be that hard of a kill for a 'trep with the 3.5. It would be a fun race to watch.
This puppy was the newer style...not the 2 door Lumina...definately a V8. I've driven many cars with the 3.8 and they don't go like this guy did!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts

OBVIOUSLY an SS Supercharged, or a V8. The 3800 N/A V6 would've been a very close race vs a 3.2L Intrepid.

*edit* Oh, you have a 3.5L Intrepid. DEFINETELY a v8.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OBVIOUSLY an SS Supercharged, or a V8. The 3800 N/A V6 would've been a very close race vs a 3.2L Intrepid.

*edit* Oh, you have a 3.5L Intrepid. DEFINETELY a v8.
3800 aren't hard to beat depending on the car...older Bonnevilles are no problem, as well as Grand Prixs...they are too heavy! Of course as long as they aren't supercharged!

·
Registered
379 Posts
3800 aren't hard to beat depending on the car...older Bonnevilles are no problem, as well as Grand Prixs...they are too heavy! Of course as long as they aren't supercharged!

BTW, Grand Prixs weigh about 3500lbs - the same as 2nd gen treps. Bonnevilles (2000+) are much heavier, around 3900lbs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts