DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else’s Intrepid burned up?

To start off, I no longer own Chrysler products due to the way a local dealership treated us. However in the past I have owned, a 95 Intrepid 3.5L, 95 Dakota Super SLT, and 98 Ram quad cab. Loved them all just when it came time to buy a new vehicle I went with the Xterra.

Buddy of mine bought a used 96 Intrepid 3.5L back in April 2000. After he got it he learned it had been in an accident and repaired, but not well repaired and had permanent steering problems. On a cold morning last month he went outside and started it before going to work. He went back out 5 minutes later to leave to find fire coming out of the engine. He tried to put it out with the hose but it was frozen so the poor car burned till the Fire Dept. got there. Vehicle was a total loss, and they have yet to determine the cause. I ran a search here on the forums and the only fire I found mentioned was from some neon lights. Any other similar incidents? We have pictures just waiting for them to be developed to post.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yep those Neon lights were mine, it was none factory related, it was related to the morons that installed them.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
check and see if the fuel rail leak recall was performed on the vehicle. that is exactly the type of incident they specified when the recalls were issued.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Ramness570 said:

To start off, I no longer own Chrysler products due to the way a local dealership treated us.
That's really not a good reason. Any car manufacture has a few dealerships that treat people like crap. I was reading a thread on a VW forum about this VW dealer who was treating people like crap and was incompetant.

Besides, maybe the local dealership was just having a bad day.

·
Registered
890 Posts
YEah maybe it was the fuel rail that leaked. And maybe cause the fire if it was that then chrysler is big time responsible.

Also for the dealershio just like warlord said. Not all the dealerships are the same.:baaa: :baaa:

Here in orlando florida my dealership is awsome the guy that does all my services is cool ass guy. Everytime i get an oil change they wash my car nicely inside and outside.

TRY THAT FOR SERVICE:tongue: :tongue:

Tell us what happens with his car

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Yea check the fuel rail O-rings. Chrysler just had a very big recall this week on the 3.3 and 3.8 V-6 in the Min vans. The Fuel rail O-rings are going to hell and they could start a fire. They are recalling over a millon vans from 1995 to 1999 i think. Its worth checking out maybe they can do something if the O-rings were at fault.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
burned up

I'll have to ask him about that recall, would it be possible to call a dealership and they check to see if that was performed prior to him owning it?

As far as the dealership problems. It was time to trade my truck and they made us mad at the wrong time. I test drove an Xterra. liked it, bought it.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
from my experience, if you have the VIN they can run it and verify whether or not the recall service was performed.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yes, and when they run a search on the VIN they will also be able to tell you if your vehicle has any recalls that have not been taken care of.

·
Registered
9 Posts
On my bros 3.3l fuel injector were craked leacking fuel all over the motor .

Origanaly my dad was driving the car , and i was telling his for two weeks that i smel gas , but i was ignored when the whole famaly went out , and parking the car , all of us could smell gas . Pop the hood , and where the valve cover has that crees there was standing pull of gas .

We toke a cab home and I garbed 4 Fuel injectors form daytona turbo long time ago , so we used them to get home . we were lucky that it was 4 of them that were craked , and more important that the car did not burst in flames while driving ( it was winter/ spring time ).

Now for the recalls i'm not going for any of them , because there is nothing wrong with any of those parts now . ( also 95-99 Eclipse has the same problem with lower conctrol arms , but mitsu is to cheep to do one ).

for 3rd Last time i went to a dealer do do repairs , bu they couse more problems .

Olds , was trying to jack me for a new fuel pump + some ather crap that still did not fix the car , bill was at $700 , but after a heated discution he sead just pick it up and i'll call DMV that this car is not road worthy ( never did and i drove the car with the problem for next 6 years ). Oh one month later my car did not start . so we pull of the gas tank to see what that guy did to the fuel pump ( let me put it this was , i broke 1 stud off it was so rusted . So i gess that he never tuched the fuel pump , but he was going to charge me for it . He had the car for 2 months and could not figure it out .

VW , was trying to sabotage my car , so that the heater core inside the car would burst ( that car had a recoll for that ) , or have my motor to seaze up . The mechanic inserted a oil botlle cap from castrol in my lower radiator hose , the car over heated going home , but i pulled over and let it cool of. i drove it home thinking that the termostad broke , etc.. after 6 h of looking fo rthe problem and taking that termostat off , and back on 2 times . we finaly toke the hose off and we saw it , rage came over me . I drove the car for a month b4 that and it worked fine untill that dealler visit .That costed me $195
, and never went back . Anyway the car was totaled by a 96 Jeep Choroke ( rear ended me , boy it hurt . still does if i bent the wrong way , i gat reamed on that too , all i gat was $3k)

Now Chrystler Visit ( i was very sceptical of going there ) . He broke each every plug reatiner ( electrical plugs ) ,so none of those are secured any more
T.P. ,Cranck S. , etc.. . His fat ass and his fat fingers could not take them of gently , oh and all that fat got to his brain be couse he was so ignorant , that it will be 10 min fix . i told him the car will NOT start , so drive it in . No he shut it off , and then he needed 6 people to push the car up this tiny hill that was leading into the garage . That was $190 for that . it was $130 more then quote on the diagnotic and repair i gat when i made an appointment .

Basicly i gat reaned 3 times .

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Hey Intrepid99, do these new forums have some kind of spelling and grammar checker that we can run on TsiArt's comment? ;)

hehehe

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
00ChryslerIntrepid said:
Hey Intrepid99, do these new forums have some kind of spelling and grammar checker that we can run on TsiArt's comment? ;)

hehehe
That's what I was thinking. LoL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry guys but my Imac crashes when i use speel check .

I gat the I Mac to get away from Microcrap , but comes to find out that some softwere is made my Microcrap for Apple. So it did not cure the problem .

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I've been using Microsoft products for many years... way back in the Windows 3.1 days. My experience with them has been good.

At work, we have a fair number of Macs... both new and old. We work on them as much as the PC's.

To each his own, but Microsoft is not "Microcrap".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes , Some Pc's or Imac run good , with no problems .

At my work , they orderd 4 Pc's and one of them is giving them problems as soon they powerd it up . Windows did not wanted to go into stand-by , but when it did , it never went out of it .

My friend reinstalled the windows , and it worked ok for a week , then it crashed . They keeped on reinstalling it and finally they installed linyx and someone elce is using it , and that was 6 monts ago . that Pc did not crashed any more . I was asking why they did not send it back to IBM , but i never gat a reall answer .

My IMac works good , I don't shut it down and runs great , exept when it hangs while using Internet . Exept the Pc that i gat for my bro , that thing does not like to be on and idle for a long time .

But this is not a Computer thred , and i'm sorry for my speeling , it's a Car-BQ thred.

I'm trying to get away from figthing on line . Basicly i'm trying to find a place that people don't argue . like http://pub50.ezboard.com/bthepikenet , those people alway figth .
Your slow , you sux , you are a moran , etc..

·
Registered
890 Posts
Im sorry bro. :baaa: :baaa:

But you really need to learn how to spell english. It does not mean if youre spell Check does not work. That you shouldnt spell properly.:bored: :bored:

·
Registered
890 Posts
YUp i used to the same thing. Not even check my spelling, Until some memebers on this forum started cracking on me:blush: :blush:

SO I LEARNED:baaa: :baaa:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pot calling the kettle black...
And that was directed to ?

Well i'm sorry , but I wonder how ease it would be for you guys when you would move to a nother country , and had to learn that language in less then 9 years .

My language is what you hear thats how it's speeled , so it's not that ease with English .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts