DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the time has finally come. I'm going to sell my Dodge and buy a Honda. The question is, how much should I ask for a '93 3.3L with 257,000km on it? I can't imagine I'll get that much for it...

Man, I'll miss that beast! It was fun while it lasted...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good link, but unfortunately I don't have a zip code.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Honda!!!!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Hondas are nice cars when they aren't bastardized by teenagers.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
or clogged with sludge (kinda like 2.7's)

·
Registered
205 Posts
well.. im selling my '94 intrepid es

it has 208,000km on it... im giving it up for $3600 certified and etested and im also located in ontario

·
Registered
995 Posts
A car is a car, whatever anyone does to it. What draws the line is adding things to a car, just on the reason that everyone else is doing it, or they saw it on High Rev tuners and jsut had to have it. I'm all for customizing a car but keep it your style, not everyone elses.

·
9,861 Posts
2001RT said:
Honda!!!!
LOL!

Another site similar to kbb: http://www.edmunds.com/

May I ask what honda(s) you have in mind?

Civic would be too slow for me, unless it had a turbo kit or some such.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me state that I'm reluctant to buy a Honda Civic, just because everyone else has one and I'm something of a non-conformist. But when it comes to entry-level cars that are within my price range, I can't think of what else I'd rather have. That is to say, I'm sure as hell not buying a friggin Neon.

I'm looking towards 4 door Civics, preferably with air. If it's not fast, oh well. I'm not made of money. I just want a reliable, affordable car that has some class and as many options as I can get. I'm not buying it to pimp it out; the only mod will be the sound system, which should sound a hell of a lot louder in a Civic.

I'm sick of finding out what's wrong with my car. I love my Trep, but goddamn, I've practically paid for it 3 times over in repairs. I may just trade it in and take whatever I can get for it; to hell with certifying and e-testing and all that garbage. I'm gonna take the easy way out.

My other option is to convince a lady at work to sell me her Accord.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Civics are good cars to drive and tune since there are a lot of aftermarket parts available. btw, you wouldn't happen to be MIKE_PATTON_3 from guitar.com would you?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
96silverIntrepid3.5 said:
Civics are good cars to drive and tune since there are a lot of aftermarket parts available. btw, you wouldn't happen to be MIKE_PATTON_3 from guitar.com would you?
Nope, wrong guy :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
LMFAO @ the Civic banner :) #1 selling car in Canada.........why??? I have no clue! Rather have an SRT-4 :) Or if I couldn't afford an SRT-4, a Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V :)

BTW, #1 selling VEHICLE in Canada is the Dodge Caravan :) My Aunt and Uncle just bought a 2002 Grand Caravan ES fully loaded, then they went out and bought a 2002 Pontiac Montana.....my aunt won't drive the Montana 'cause the interior is really cheap and plasticy and the red dashboard is annoying :D HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is the stratus that much higher than the Civic? Much nicer car, more power, more room, more attractive, and I'm sure more refined than a first year first gen 3.3 Intrepid.

Please don't buy a HONDA! ;)

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Avenger said:
BTW, #1 selling VEHICLE in Canada is the Dodge Caravan :) My Aunt and Uncle just bought a 2002 Grand Caravan ES fully loaded, then they went out and bought a 2002 Pontiac Montana.....my aunt won't drive the Montana 'cause the interior is really cheap and plasticy and the red dashboard is annoying :D HAHAHAHA
Really? Her loss.

The Montana is built on what is possibly the best minivan platform out there. Perhaps second only to the Honda Odyssey. The fit/finish is top notch, as is the exterior and interior styling.

My brother and his fiance recently purchased a 2003 Montana (complete with Montanavision, rear seat DVD, I am so jealous) and he said it is a wonderful car. Much tighter, responsive and the handling is a lot better than the 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ES they had for a weekend.

·
Registered
429 Posts
LHSer said:

Really? Her loss.

Much tighter, responsive and the handling is a lot better than the 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan ES they had for a weekend.
I'd take a Grand Caravan ES over the Montana anyday. I've already owned 3 Grand Caravans. The drivetrain in the GM platform is nice but the overall package, including fit & finish doesn't impress me. My close friend actually returned his Chevy Venture van under lemon law litigation due to cronic electrical problems that repeatedly left him stranded. Afterward he bought a used Grand Caravan and loves it.
Honda Odyssey is nice but less interior room. Nice powerful drivetrain though.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
my sister has a 98? venture... i think? I dunno.. it has been in on 2 recalls for head gasget failure. they did the recall once.. then their recalled part broke... (being the head gasget). the second time it was out of recall coverage (past the mileage by a few miles)... but with enough bitching she got the shop to cover the warrentied parts........ she just hopes the gasget doesn't go again.

If GM is doing its usual self.. those montanas use the same engine and drivetrain as the ventures... and I can't imagine the montana being any better....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts