1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
:smileyvault-newhere

A little about me:
I just got into the driving world and I got my moms old 2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T (sat for nearly 2 yrs).
Great car, fast, good looking (being re-painted in spring), leather, remote start etc
The problem:The heat in the car is not nearly as hot as it should be on the high setting, i remember it used to be hot, now its just warm, and being in NY, i need the heat as hot as possible!. It does not overheat (I can drive it all over and the temp stays steady), and was wondering if there could still be a bubble? Not really sure so any help would be great that. also btw when in park the rpm wont go above (i wanna say 4 thousandish but i cant recall now) is this normal? In drive it can rev fully. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
and being in NY, i need the heat as hot as possible!.
you'd never make it here then.
your heater core is probaby in need of a flush, clearing any debris that might be impeding flow.
of course, that is assuming that your temp guage does come up to a proper operating temp. if not, then you may be in need of a thermostat.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
or from sitting ,, it could be a little low and have some aiir in it, temp guage going about half way up?thats about the normal range

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'd agree on the thermostat. if it's maybe stuck open low coolant level or heater core clogged . do the simple items first i.e checking level of coolant then on to air in system then to replacing stat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts