DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The "Intrepid" lettering on the reverse light falls off most 1st Gen Intrepids I've seen. Does this only happen in the South in hot climates? It seems like most Treps in my area have this problem, but most "up North" don't?

BTW here is the begining of my Trep site http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-943point5ES

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
take the rest off and get a sticker made

·
Registered
604 Posts
or just take the rest of it off

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I've never seen a trep like that. You know what would be cool, take the rest of the sticker off and use the actual letters from a 2nd gen instead. heh.

Although up here, the headlights get all yellowed and faded. Funny, cause the parking lamps/turn signals don't

·
Registered
296 Posts
i live in canada and there are alot of intrepids where i live that are missing most of the lettering mine was to when i got mine but i went to the wreckers and bought the whole reverse light piece with good lettering for $40cdn

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
niteshades that whole thing makes your problems go away!!:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Jus' Trepping said:
take the rest off and get a sticker made
I plan to do exactly that. Now the tricky part is to get "inside" the reverse light assembly to peel off the old sticker and apply the new one. BTW www.decalcity.com is an excellent source for this need. Very fast shipping of "custom made" decals

I've never seen a trep like that. You know what would be cool, take the rest of the sticker off and use the actual letters from a 2nd gen instead. heh.
This I considered doing before I ordered the sticker. I looked for a while on eBay to try and find the 2nd gen lettering but gave up after a while and went with the sticker/decal

niteshades that whole thing makes your problems go away!!
This will be a soon coming mod to the whole tail light section!:biggrin:

·
Registered
652 Posts
mine is fine as well, but i have seen a few like that....

·
Registered
870 Posts
I didn't even know they were a stick-on till now! lol

·
9,861 Posts
Its not really stick on. Its pretty weak really.

You have to cut apart the tail light with a dremel to get to it. It will just scrub right off with little effort.

But its very hard to get the tail light apart without cracking it. Just be sure not to pry at all. Any prying WILL crack it for sure. I should know.

·
9,861 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
just convert it to an altezza:devil:
Thats pretty much what you have to do. That red plastic doesnt like to come out without breaking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts