DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd like to introduce my custom Intrepid/LHS.

What you see here is the culmination of 3 years of planning and dreams. I've changed the front end of my 2001 Intrepid ES to an LHS!

After looking for a matching blue front end, I found a similar color green one on an 03 model in a local (St. Petersburg, FL) LKQ bone yard.

In our driveway we switched front ends in about an hour and a half. To be honest I really didn't know if the whole bit would fit or not. I was in body shop that had an LHS in for a custom grill like the one I have. I pulled the trep in alongside and compared the core supports. The body shop owner felt pretty certain that if the LHS core support fit the Intrepid the rest of the parts would fit. They did.

The next challenge was getting the fender ends at the doors to match the Intrepid body lines. The LHS fenders and lower body line are several inches higher than the Intrepid. The skirts follow the LHS contours as well, both at the fenders and the rear doors. We also took out the upper body lines in the LHS fenders.

I repair hail damaged autos using the Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) method, and my work requires that I travel to areas that hail storms have damaged vehicles. I usually work in high-end body shops. So my hope was to find an experienced body shop technician who could do the custom work I needed and was interested in doing it.

I was blessed beyond belief when I meet a gentleman named Kevin in the Graham Automotive Collision Center in Sioux Falls, SD. Not only did he have the vision to make the modifications to the skirts and fenders but also the skill to make it happen.

The rest of the vehicle needed painting so the whole car was repainted as well. In the end I got a $4000 dollar paint job and all the fab work done. The paint job included removing the bumpers, windows trim, door handles, and the entire front end off the car for painting. Kevin and John the painter worked on the car in Kevin's home workshop. The best part of the deal - I was able to trade hail and dent repair for the entire job!!

A couple of other things we did; debadged the doors and deck lid, removed the factory body side moldings, painted the LHS hood trim piece to match the color of the car (it is black from the factory). Kevin also painted the window trim while it was off the car.

I still can hardly believe the car is finished. I love the looks of it and it exceeds my expectations. Now that's what I call a High-Bred.

Best regards,
Michael

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Indeed! The shapes and details of the LHS/Concorde and Intredid doors and fenders are different - great job of making them match up, and the paint looks nice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never liked the looks of the rounded trunk on the LHS. This looks good. Would probably also look great on a 300M body.

My thoughts exactly. My wife's car was a 300m and it was interesting having them both in the driveway next to each other. We had parts of all 3 LH models sitting in 2 vehicles.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EPIC! Great paint choice too! Simply the best color out there IMHO :p

You should bring this sweetie to the NC meet this spring!
Thanks everyone for the kind remarks.

The color choice was easy, that's the original color, and my favorite too!

I'm hoping my work will take me near PA this year, for the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals.

Otherwise I'll be home in the Tampa Bay area in March.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts