DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Intrepid modification sites around? Most of the ones I've found seem a little illegitimate and sketchy. Post away site links, please!

Thank you!

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
You're posting on one. :D

Not sure what kind of mods you're looking for - but in terms of items like engine computer upgrades, power-adders and such, there's not much out there.

Cosmetic & convenience mods are most prevalent; search the forums for members' "signature threads" and you'll find a number of examples. Adding folding/heated mirrors, heated/memory seats, gauge pods, stereo installs, even a few body kits.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
2.7 engine swaps are a common commodity here as well, I am in the middle of swapping in a 3.5HO from a 2000 300M into my 99 Intrepid Base.

Oh, and Welcome!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're posting on one. :D

Not sure what kind of mods you're looking for - but in terms of items like engine computer upgrades, power-adders and such, there's not much out there.

Cosmetic & convenience mods are most prevalent; search the forums for members' "signature threads" and you'll find a number of examples. Adding folding/heated mirrors, heated/memory seats, gauge pods, stereo installs, even a few body kits.
I'm talking about like a specific Intrepid mod site that sells parts. Similar to AmericanMuscle for aftermarket Mustang parts.

2.7 engine swaps are a common commodity here as well, I am in the middle of swapping in a 3.5HO from a 2000 300M into my 99 Intrepid Base.

Oh, and Welcome!!
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I'm talking about like a specific Intrepid mod site that sells parts. Similar to AmericanMuscle for aftermarket Mustang parts.

Thank you!
No. You do realize the last Intrepid was built 9 years ago right?

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Nope, nothing like that out there. You either have to adapt factory options or go completely custom.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not entirely sure what that has to do with it.

There's not much aftermarket stuff out there specifically for the LH platform, not even while it was in production. What are you looking to do?
I see some of the general ascetic mods (such as the LED gauge clusters) and such that people on the site do. I was just curious as to where they got them and such.

Nope, nothing like that out there. You either have to adapt factory options or go completely custom.
Dang! I'm not looking to spend that much money, lol.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I see some of the general ascetic mods (such as the LED gauge clusters) and such that people on the site do. I was just curious as to where they got them and such.

Dang! I'm not looking to spend that much money, lol.
Actually, if you get involved in the club here a little bit, then they mods really arent that bad. Alot of us co-conspire with different mods and help out as much as we can. Check out some of our signature pages for some ideas. You can get to them by manually looking in the forum section, or often enough, clicking on a link in the members signature in a post.

·
Registered
22,219 Posts
All custom, ie. made by people that own the car that have imagination. Most are one of a kind mods starting out that get copied or improved upon by other members of this site.

For example, look at the tail light mods done by members or the member that created his version of a CAI. Joe KD. Most are home spun.

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
just dont go to auto zone and get a set of them fake chrome fender vents,, you will be scared for life

·
Premium Member
17,328 Posts
just dont go to auto zone and get a set of them fake chrome fender vents,, you will be scared for life
LOL! Sometimes typos are funny. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Modding these cars is cheap as hell. I have an SE, and it's loaded up to a Police/300M Special level now and I'm lucky if I spent a total of $600 on everything (that's including a 3.5L motor and crap loads of interior and exterior goodies).

This site is DEFINITELY, you best bet.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
A lot of the costs involved are dependent on your location. Personally I have purchased 3 parts cars for this reason because I am kind of a distance away from most of the rest of the members here. But we all work together regardless and we bounce ideas off of each other. So if you have an idea, share it, and we can offer insight to how to help make it work, or point you in the right direction to get it to work, or let you know if it has been tried before.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A lot of the costs involved are dependent on your location. Personally I have purchased 3 parts cars for this reason because I am kind of a distance away from most of the rest of the members here. But we all work together regardless and we bounce ideas off of each other. So if you have an idea, share it, and we can offer insight to how to help make it work, or point you in the right direction to get it to work, or let you know if it has been tried before.
+1... Couldn't agree more...

I'll put this out there again, if anyone is looking for a particular LH part just let me know and I'll see if I can get it for you, for nothing or dirt cheap. Gladly help out another LH member.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts