DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people remember the Lamborghini Portofino??......The car was designed in Chryslers studio in California and only one of them was ever produced. The Intrepid is almost a dead look alike it certain areas of the car. mostly in the side and rear profiles. I can't seem to find any pictures on the web of the interior but the interior was awesome....the Daytona/LeBaron interiors received some of the treatment found in the Portofino.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Yeah, the Intrepid looks like it was based off of the Lambo alright.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
The Intrepid and 300M were some of Chryslers best looking cars. They still look good after a 7 year run with no changes(6 for the 300M).

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Must be drugs...

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
i agree that they look good and had a successful run, but 7 years with no changes? 1st gen and 2nd gen seem to show quite a few significant changes.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
he is talking from 98,99,00,01,02,03,04...that is 7 years...the first gen wasnt included...:) if you were to include that, it would be 12 years with one major change

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
There are damned scissor doors on that thing!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Still don't see the mid- mounted V-8..I THINK I see a hood
opening seam about 1:00 position on the left wheel-but
none across the front! Can you say "One piece front end"?
Now there's a body kit I'd buy!
Still looks like my old '95 'trep.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chrysler has had a long tradition o building cool concepts and one off cars like Portofino....anyone remember the movie the Wraith??....the black car in the movie was called a Turbo Interceptor that was based on the prototype for the Dodge Daytona....could you imagine if Dodge came out with a rear engine twin turbo Daytona back then or if the Intrepid was the Portofino [minus the swing doors]

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Keep the Lambo doors -Just check overhead clearance before
you park!

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Actually that is the concept for the Intrepid. Read the top pic it says Intrepid.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
95trep3.3 said:
Actually that is the concept for the Intrepid. Read the top pic it says Intrepid.
But in the end the Stealth looked more like that than the Intrepid did. The back has a NSX look to it.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
ScatPackMopars said:
How many people remember the Lamborghini Portofino??......The car was designed in Chryslers studio in California and only one of them was ever produced. The Intrepid is almost a dead look alike it certain areas of the car. mostly in the side and rear profiles. I can't seem to find any pictures on the web of the interior but the interior was awesome....the Daytona/LeBaron interiors received some of the treatment found in the Portofino.
I had a copy of a Motor Trend issue dedicated ENTIRELY to the intrepid. I lent it to MeanGreen thou.

Anyways, there was a page talking about the Portofino. I thought it was designed in detroit and named after one of the Chrysler offices in California. Or perhaps it was designed in California, I can't remember. In either case, it was a sexy car. And yes, it was at a time when Chrysler owned part of (or were in ca-hoots with ) Lamborghini.

The badge on the Portifino (if I remember correctly) was a bull. Although, this was not the only concept car chrysler thought of. There were two others that had influence on the original intrepid. I forget their names thou.

Also, on a side note, some of you may remember the ESX concept back in '96. It was the exact body style of the 2nd gen intrepid, only, with 280hp of power. I believe it had two 100hp electric motors, and an 80hp diesel engine. I kinda wish they brought back this powertrain design. BTW, This was also in a mag that I lent to MeanGreen.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
adaptabl said:
But in the end the Stealth looked more like that than the Intrepid did. The back has a NSX look to it.
I agree - that's the first car that I thought of when I saw the pics. But it does have some Intrepid features, too.
A little off subject, but I wish they had built the Intrepid GSX!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts