DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any good performance websites for Intrepids? I have seen a lot of sites...but never one that actually has performance parts for an intrepid. i have to do all my mods custom...and that sux.

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepid NM ]

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepid NM ]

·
Registered
219 Posts
You're in it dude! There is virtually NOTHING available for the Intrepid, we have all done the mods ourselves. There are a few items you can find though, try www.superchips.com . They performance tune the engine computers for SOME of the Intrepids, not all years are available. If you dig through the forums you can find all sorts of stuff that has been done to make these cars more than "family sedans".

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
hey man, go to prowler pro gear website for a ratio 27 % more lower, than factory ,for the differentiel thats relly help!
You can go at jet performances product for the computer for the years 1995 up

·
Registered
973 Posts
I did some checking and Emailing to the prowler gear folks, and then did some semi-serious checking under the car. The Prowler uses the same trans as we do, but it is at the rear of the car like a regular diff. The speedo will need some rework, they say they have a kit, but the biggie is that the cover that needs to come off is blocked by a LARGE crossmember and the exhaust pipes cover it too. Lots of stuff will need to be taken off and replaced.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
for the webb address go to : www.prowlerexcitement.com/Cat/ProwlerPro/ProwlerProIntro.htm
I take 7 hours to do the entire job. 5 hours for the gears set and 2 hours installing the speedo converter module. Your right Don,the croossmember is not easy to remove...
Whit this gear I take the cut off speed limiter very faster ([email protected]) and you do a little burn when you shift the first to second.You can put this gear on any model whit the 42le Transmission (1993 to present)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Where exactly did you find a PCM mod. for a '95? I was looking but I must have missed it. Where is that?

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
Originally posted by silver ghost:
You're in it dude! There is virtually NOTHING available for the Intrepid, we have all done the mods ourselves. There are a few items you can find though, try www.superchips.com . They performance tune the engine computers for SOME of the Intrepids, not all years are available. If you dig through the forums you can find all sorts of stuff that has been done to make these cars more than "family sedans".

holy nuts.. they make a superchip for the 95? wow.. 295$ thou *ouch*
15+ hp boost..
25+ torque

now to save up 295$.. heh

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
How much for the gears??? I hate mine as it is, so if it's under a few hundred... I may think about it.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
[email protected]? That is crazy! that is saying at 70mph, the engine is screamin along at 3000 rpm! MPG has gotta suck with those gears!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts