DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
624 Posts
the FASTEST my trep has run was a 15.382 or something(i know it was a higher 15.3)...it is documented, did it a while ago...it runs consistently in the 15.5-15.7 range...
ive raced two pontiacs at a strip, one, a late 90's grand am GT (maybe a 98?), the other a 99 grand prix GTP...i beat the GT straight out, the GTP??? well, like, he beat my ass pretty bad... :eek:

oh yeah, power ratings:
LHSer could offer a better picture here, but the 93-97 ES (3.5L) has 214HP @(5500rpm), 222lb.ft. torque. (4200rpm?) LHSer?

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: Valhalla 21340 ]

· Registered
624 Posts
i posted all that crap i did at the track, and how i ran that time, a little while ago...but its there. to tell you the truth, luck was involved (or an error), cause i havent been able to get THAT low before or since...ah well, numbers are numbers, thats what i got...
mods to car: two OE mufflers cut out and replaced with flowmaster 40series on 2.5" piping, 160 deg t-stat, and a holley hotshot cone filter in place of orig airbox...
in a nutshell, that day i ran the car, it was early and cool out...took out jack, spare, had way below 1/4 tank o gas, and made this pseudo ghetto ram-air that i dont advise doing...mated the air hose to another piece of vac hose, squeezed it through the fender, removed left side turn signal lens, and jammed a sponge type material to catch pieces of crap...no filter, bad idea, dont recommend...
also, the maintenence that was performed on the car prob played a key factor too...fairly new set of tires (overinflated), fresh alignment(previous day), new plugs n' wires, fuel filter, recent oil change, recent tranny fluid change, and had computer flased at the dealer. ...brake primed, good launch, no squeal, reved high, used auto stick, and blammo...there you go...never happened before, prob never happen again...
i believe enzo ferrari, in his infinite wisdom, (for an italian?!? hahaha), said it best: "dodge intrepids haul major ass..."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.