DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a time limit on when you can take the car to the dealership when something is recalled? Are all recalls fully covered by the dealer? Just wondering, went to website to read all the recalls and there are a few I need to have fix like the windows and smoother shifting.
Janeen http://www.alldata.com/TSB/991621_en.html << website

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: MzNeen ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
as far as i know, recalls are fully covered by the dealer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I followed the link posted to check on the recalls. What are the service bulletins? Are they covered like a recall? How do I go about getting things fixed that are listed on the bulletins? I have a bunch of things covered...

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Service Bulletins aren't covered....they are just "FYI"'s for the techs for common problems. So if something is wrong with your car, and it's symptoms match a problem under the service bulletins...it'll be the first place they look.

And I think I just broke my toe while writing this

OUCH!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Be advised that there is only a recall that you can actually have fixed on your vehicle if you get a notice from DaimlerChrysler.

There may be Intrepid recalls for various things, but the dealer won't do anything unless it's issued for your particular vehicle as well. Some recalls don't affect Intrepids with certain VIN numbers, etc.

Basically, if you don't get a notice from DC, you should be okay. :)

Oh, BTW, if you're curious, you can stop at your dealer and have them check to see if any recalls have been issued that affect your vehicle (based on the VIN).

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: 00ChryslerIntrepid ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts