DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last Wednesday a bad car accident which wasn't my fault took my 2000 ES away from me.... kind of sad about that....was a great car. So today me and the Mrs went out looking at alot of Concorde's, 300's, Sebring's and Intrepids.

We settled with a 2004 Intrepid SXT, fully loaded with only 80K miles
Every option available and the 3.5 motor.... the belts are being replaced right now, all 3 including the timing belt. Next new tires. I will do the oil change, air filter and platinum plugs tomorrow. I will post pics after I get the car washed. Im happy to have an Intrepid again :)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Just curious, every option for a 2004 sxt is what?

Post pics!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just curious, every option for a 2004 sxt is what?

Post pics!!
This is what the ad says..... I will post pics after I wash her up. She is silver with the dark Charcoal interior

Pass key Security System, Climate control system - Air Conditioning, 16 inch Rim Size, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Tilt Wheel, Dual air bags front and sides/active belts, 4 speed automatic Transmission, 215 Cubic Inch Displacement, Tilt Wheel, Front Wheel Drive, Power Windows, Alloy Wheels, ABS Brakes, AM/FM Radio,4 CD Player, Bucket Seating w/console, Cruise Control, Driver-Side Airbag, Leather Interior, Passenger-Side AirBag, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seats, Power Windows, Rear Split Bench Seat, Rear Window Defroster, Tinted Glass, Fog Lights, Accent Stripes, Body Side Moldings, Power Moonroof, Top Console with Compass and Temperature Gauge, Low Fuel Warning

A nice car to replace my 2000 ES.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This is what the ad says..... I will post pics after I wash her up. She is silver with the dark Charcoal interior

Pass key Security System, Climate control system - Air Conditioning, 16 inch Rim Size, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Tilt Wheel, Dual air bags front and sides/active belts, 4 speed automatic Transmission, 215 Cubic Inch Displacement, Tilt Wheel, Front Wheel Drive, Power Windows, Alloy Wheels, ABS Brakes, AM/FM Radio,4 CD Player, Bucket Seating w/console, Cruise Control, Driver-Side Airbag, Leather Interior, Passenger-Side AirBag, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seats, Power Windows, Rear Split Bench Seat, Rear Window Defroster, Tinted Glass, Fog Lights, Accent Stripes, Body Side Moldings, Power Moonroof, Top Console with Compass and Temperature Gauge, Low Fuel Warning

A nice car to replace my 2000 ES.....
Well I checked a few things and some things dont add up to the ad. The title of the car says SXT but the car dosent have chrome wheels or the spoiler... maybe they were an option.....on the side of the car it does not have ES letters either.... the CD player is a 1 cd.... not multi... other than that everything is fine.

I had the timing belt, sperpentine and AC-V belt changed, a tuneup and oil changed, Champion platinums. Need tires next.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
The ES and SXT models are two different versions, which is why you don't have the lettering. The later model second gens only had the "ES" marked on the trunk lid anyways. I might go back and question them on the 4 disc CD player since it's listed on the window sticker. They may install it for you, or you might be able to barter them for some free oil changes or other maintenance.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
If you have just the 3.5, it's an ES, if it's the High-Output then it's the SXT. All SXTs had HO so don't let them pull the wool over your eyes about it. Oh, and not all SXTs had the chrome rims in 04 either, and some ESs did.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have just the 3.5, it's an ES, if it's the High-Output then it's the SXT. All SXTs had HO so don't let them pull the wool over your eyes about it. Oh, and not all SXTs had the chrome rims in 04 either, and some ESs did.
Ok, the engine just says 3.5
The title says SXT
the CD changer is a 1 CD unit.....
No ES anywhere on the car
Standard aluminum 16" rims.....

Me and my wife think it might be an ES...... we have a paper from when the car came from the factory and it says it was built for Fleet.... like a company car or something.... weird, but a nice car. She goes in for a front end alignment and new Goodyear Assurance Comfort Treads friday morning....

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Ok, the engine just says 3.5
The title says SXT
the CD changer is a 1 CD unit.....
No ES anywhere on the car
Standard aluminum 16" rims.....

Me and my wife think it might be an ES...... we have a paper from when the car came from the factory and it says it was built for Fleet.... like a company car or something.... weird, but a nice car. She goes in for a front end alignment and new Goodyear Assurance Comfort Treads friday morning....
Then it's an ES. No question about it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sounds like an ES... I may be wrong, but I dont think leather was an option for SXTs. It DEFINITELY was not common. How much did you pay for it?
Paid $4000, she has 87K miles on her too..... im nowheres near an expert as for the options which were available for the SXT versus ES, but yes my car is all leather interior..... I like the sunroof, or moonroof.... whatever it is. The 3.5 is nice and powerful and fun to cruise around.

Ok... it's an ES..... ok.... better change the model info :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Paid $4000, she has 87K miles on her too..... im nowheres near an expert as for the options which were available for the SXT versus ES, but yes my car is all leather interior..... I like the sunroof, or moonroof.... whatever it is. The 3.5 is nice and powerful and fun to cruise around.

Ok... it's an ES..... ok.... better change the model info :)
IIRC: You can also verify this with the 6th, 7th and 8th digit of your VIN....SXT should be 56G. I you look at the carfax report (you can check that without subscription, just check for the basic record), it will show 2004 Dodge Intrepid ES/SXT....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I understand that, it has been pouring rain for the last 3 days... not good for pics, I will post some in the next couple days. Im pretty sure the car is an ES...... thanks everyone.....

6th, 7th and 8th digit

56M

·
Registered
119 Posts
After my Wife's '99 SE was on it 2.7L last legs at 125k miles we traded it in for a slightly used (30k miles) red motorsports edition RT with the sunroof. We are going to pass that to our niece soon (147k and runs super strong) so we have been driving the Intrepids for 240k miles and while my Wife has switched to a sebring convertible I look forward to my SRT8 '99 terp for years to come. I think it is the nearest to a perfect car. We considered a couple years ago a new Charger but the car is almost the same when you are sitting in it and since my new SRT will eventually have a 383 stroker I do not think I will be missing much there.

Craig

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After my Wife's '99 SE was on it 2.7L last legs at 125k miles we traded it in for a slightly used (30k miles) red motorsports edition RT with the sunroof. We are going to pass that to our niece soon (147k and runs super strong) so we have been driving the Intrepids for 240k miles and while my Wife has switched to a sebring convertible I look forward to my SRT8 '99 terp for years to come. I think it is the nearest to a perfect car. We considered a couple years ago a new Charger but the car is almost the same when you are sitting in it and since my new SRT will eventually have a 383 stroker I do not think I will be missing much there.

Craig
Yeah I just cant get over how strong that 3.5 is, man it is a blast to drive my 04 around.... my 2000 had 278K and I guess the engine was just really tired, even though I used engine restore, which helped..... Sebring's seem to be very popular with the females....hmmm..... but still they look good, the sunroof is what clinched it for me with Intrepid, we spent the whole day car shopping looking at 300's, Concords and Intrepids. Were happy with what we picked out.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I hope I can get a deal like that. $4,000 is a good price regardless of it being an SXT or ES. I'll be looking to buy pretty soon, and I can't buy another 1G...I'll feel like I'm replacing my old one. You bought from a dealership I assume?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope I can get a deal like that. $4,000 is a good price regardless of it being an SXT or ES. I'll be looking to buy pretty soon, and I can't buy another 1G...I'll feel like I'm replacing my old one. You bought from a dealership I assume?
Just a used car lot, people are hurting these days, so if you have the cash you are in the drivers seat. Me and my wife spent all day going to at least a dozen places, so we had the say in what was overpriced and if the car was in lousy condition we just left, and left the salesman chasing us as we drove away. :laughing:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I understand that, it has been pouring rain for the last 3 days... not good for pics, I will post some in the next couple days. Im pretty sure the car is an ES...... thanks everyone.....

6th, 7th and 8th digit

56M
I have a 3 page document comparing all standard & options for a 2004 ES vs 2004 SXT.
It's too large to post here, so if you want it, PM your email address to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts