DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is entirely theoretical, but I was thinking, I really like the seats in my 99 ES and I was wondering, would they work in a Charger/300/Magnum? The newer seats in Dodge vehicles feel too stiff for my taste... I'm sure it's possible, I'm just wondering if it would be a 'plug-n-play' type deal or if it would require a lot of tedious work...

Thanks in advance! =)

·
Registered
303 Posts
First of all why would you want to put 6 year old seats into a new car? Second I dont think it could be done with the back seats because of the arrangement of the seats themselves.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm sure they won't fit. The LH and LX cars are totally different. Furthermore, a seat is an integral part of the collision safety equipment. Modifying the seat rails would compromise the safety of the car.

However, have you tried the seats in an SRT Charger? They have a larger cushion and I think they are very comfortable. They are also used on the Heritage Edition of the 300C and SRT versions of that car. Perhaps you can find a set for sale on e-Bay.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
First of all why would you want to put 6 year old seats into a new car? Second I dont think it could be done with the back seats because of the arrangement of the seats themselves.
Have you sat in the new Chargers? My God I think a wood bench is more comfortable.

Evidently, the front seats of the charger ( ouch,ouch,ouch ) will fit in the LH cars, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be the same the other way around. However, the rears in the LX do not fit, so it's not likely. But then again, are you planning on sitting in the backseat?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't do it if it compromised safety or if I couldn't install the rear seats. I wouldn't want it to look like something ghetto. I was just wondering. Like I said, I like how the seats in my Intrepid feel comfort-wise and I've been in several newer Dodge vehicles and the new seats their rolling out suck... Never have sat in an SRT or Heritage...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I test drove a Charger R/T and really loved the power and rwd. I hated the seats though and noticed how much more comfortable the ones in my Intrepid felt.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See? That's exactly what I mean! Why have they gone the hard and uncomfortable route? =S

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think the whole interior of the charger looks cheap, esp the door panels. I havent seen the inside of a 300c yet though, so i cant comment on that.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Charger interior

300C interior

The Charger interior is cheap looking, but IMO it suits the "performence first" genre that Dodge always has been. However, since its also a family sedan, that really does make it a terrible interior.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm wondering if the new standard is to have those "plastic + leather= pleather" seats. My mom's 08 Nissan Altima feels like a wooden bench also and she prefers to use my Dad's 01 LHS on long trips.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I'm wondering if the new standard is to have those "plastic + leather= pleather" seats. My mom's 08 Nissan Altima feels like a wooden bench also and she prefers to use my Dad's 01 LHS on long trips.
I think it is. Every newer car Ive ridden in it seems its like that squishy plastic material. You get used to it IMO

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
True the LX's pretty bland form 2005-2007 (2008's and up improved somewhat). Fortunately, there is a bunch of aftermarket stuff available. My 2006 SXT after adding Real Chrome door trim, real padded leather center and door armrests, etc....

My seats are comfortable except for the side bolsters on the bottom have a tendency to hit my thighs. And I'm a thin guy.
As far as interior cheapness, it started on the Intrepids after 2002 when Chrysler started removing things to save money such as the carpeting and fabric on the door panels, fold out cup holders, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts