DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after months of waiting i finally have my Employment Authorisation Document from the INS, which means i can finally go out and get a job :) So now it's finally time to go car shopping this weekend. Or at least look at a few. I've decided to get an Intrepid.
So at the moment i'm looking at a Blue 2000 ES with 52k miles, asking around 9k for it from a dealer.
Also a Red '99 ES with 50k miles from a dealer, a '98 ES (dark Grey?) 88k miles, ony asking $5700 for it for sale privately, a Red '01 R/T
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&advanced=n&start_year=1998&color=&cardist=23

And a white (advertised with clear coat, aren't they all clear coat or was this an option of some sort?) 99 ES eith 51k miles on it and a sun/moon roof.
http://www.armut.net/dodge/ <--- Love that

Sweet looking cars all. Can't wait to finally have one after reading all about them and driving a few, and with the support from DI.net, one of the best forums i've seen, i'm looking forward to enjoying my new car, mod's etc etc. 1st on the list will be a dual exhaust methinks, and perhaps an intake (Joekd's i've read about) and a decent sound system and and and lol
:D :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
How many miles are on the R/T?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The add didn't say, it's a private sale and the VIN isn't listed. :(

·
Registered
964 Posts
Whatever you get, avoid the 2.7L engine. They are bad news.
How long are you going to be here? Just my $0.02.

FredB

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fredb.... yeah i'm staying away from the 2.7, apart from the reputation it has, i have driven a couple and my wife's '93 civic has more go. So it's either going to be a 3.2 or 3.5... leaning toward the R/T or that white one.... it came with a complete Carfax report, 1 owner, and only 50k miles. But we'll see what the R/T is like.

I'll be here for a while.... I just married a Cali babe :biggrin: hehe

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Taken from edmunds.com "R/Ts get the Chrysler 300's 3.5-liter V6, but in the Dodge it makes "only" 242 horsepower (11 less than the 300M)."

What difference is there to get the extra 11hp?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Premium fuel computer settings on the 300M, R/T runs on 89 maximum. I normally fill with 87 though because it's much cheaper ($0.10/litre cdn here).

·
Registered
390 Posts
Australia?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, Australia. Took 9 months just to get the visa to let me into the country so i could marry my fiance, arrived in Sept 2003 and been waiting since then to get my EAD. What's NSA?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Avenger said:
Premium fuel computer settings on the 300M, R/T runs on 89 maximum. I normally fill with 87 though because it's much cheaper ($0.10/litre cdn here).
So simply get a computer from a 300m and you have 11 extra HP, but the need for 91 gas right?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well unfortunately the R/T was sold by the time a rang them. The wife and i went and took a look at the white 99'ES today. NICE car. One owner, fitted with every available option, plus he had the dealer fit a wood looking dash trim, which adds a bit of class. He has had all the recalls done, and has been using synthetic oil in it. It's got the Infinity stereo in it, which he said has 9 speakers? Sounded good enough anyway although it could do with some extra oomph from a couple of subs. He was asking 9600 for it.. but is willing to negotiate. I might see if i can get him down to 8800 or so. We'll see what else is around. :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
yeah i love my ES! it's just getting up thier in the miles. it's impossable to get rid of now. how many miles does it hae on it?
i bought mine with 75,000 mi. for 7,500. i should have bought a brand new one.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well we've been turned down twice now for a loan to buy this car due to my wifes credit history... and the guy has even lowered his price by $1100, which makes it a really sweet deal. Any body got any bright ideas on alternative finance options? We've tried her credit union and lendingtree.com so far.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts