DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading home yesterday, catching the fly-over from I-64 to I-264 heading to the beach. It's ALWAYS backed up, stop and go traffic. Then about 1/4 mile before hand, there's a double white line that your not allowed to cross over. Needless to say, a bunch of @ss's dip over at the last minute.

I came up on the slow traffic and noticed a white 2nd gen Trep in front of me. I was looking at the trunk badges trying to figure out the year and model it was and noticed there was an antenna on the trunk and the roof, then I recognized two small blue lights in the window. DANG! that's a State trooper in front of me! Right then traffic moves forward, some idiot jumped the double white line, right in front of him and PRESTO!! Blue lights come on and the Trooper signals to pull over.

It happened so fast, once I realized it was a State Trooper, I thought about snapping a picture with my phone, they were pulling over to the side of the road. The black steel rims looked great as well as the white Trep.

From the badging on the trunk, INTREPID only, I think it was a '98-'02 Model.

So, if your cruising around VA, be for warned, there's a white 2nd gen Trep that's a State trooper. The State police are known for rotating the unmark cars through-out the state.....

Late!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would so love to get a glimpse of that car. Wonder what engine it had... Here we have a white Camero (spelling?) that you can't tell is a unmarked car till it's lights are on, tint on the windows is 5% on sides and back and 18% on front, I have seen the inside of it a few times, didn't do anything illegal, just asked if I could look, and he actually has to have a screen in there with a cam on the back end so he can back up.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I would so love to get a glimpse of that car. Wonder what engine it had... Here we have a white Camero (spelling?) that you can't tell is a unmarked car till it's lights are on, tint on the windows is 5% on sides and back and 18% on front, I have seen the inside of it a few times, didn't do anything illegal, just asked if I could look, and he actually has to have a screen in there with a cam on the back end so he can back up.
All police treps have the 3.5 HO

·
Registered
255 Posts
seen a Newport News Police Trep, they have cloth buckets, no center console and column shift. the open space between the seats is for the Cop hardware. They all have the 3.5 HO and 150mph speedo. I can't recall if it said calibrated on it though.

they also have 160amp Alternator and some extra wiring to handle the Cop Sh*t

Also, watch out, there are either Local PD or State Troopers running Crown Vics that have STANDARD VA Plates. No markings. One I saw was a maroon in color no tint, just lots of sticks and the lights in the windows.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, watch out, there are either Local PD or State Troopers running Crown Vics that have STANDARD VA Plates. No markings. One I saw was a maroon in color no tint, just lots of sticks and the lights in the windows.
David,

That maroon one always has some one pulled over. The one I saw yesterday also had standard VA plates.

Late!

·
Registered
255 Posts
oh not to change threads from LH to LX but when I was at the dealer having my ride checked, I saw a Police Charger. Didn't really look at the speedo to see it's speed, I want to say 160 or 180, and column shift. Funny thing though, the Charger has AutoStick. it is marked on the column shifter. push forward and back for manual :)

no center console, and generic stereo. lots of Cop Cr*p in between the seats.

Include dock for Motorola Laptop

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I came up on the slow traffic and noticed a white 2nd gen Trep in front of me. I was looking at the trunk badges trying to figure out the year and model it was and noticed there was an antenna on the trunk and the roof, then I recognized two small blue lights in the window. DANG! that's a State trooper in front of me! Right then traffic moves forward, some idiot jumped the double white line, right in front of him and PRESTO!! Blue lights come on and the Trooper signals to pull over.

It happened so fast, once I realized it was a State Trooper, I thought about snapping a picture with my phone, they were pulling over to the side of the road. The black steel rims looked great as well as the white Trep.
Well funny you should mention that Chris. The first time I've ever been pulled over was January 2nd, 2004. The car that pulled me? White unmarked Trep. Happened on Upton Road (the road that takes you to Mount Trashmore). I was just crusing along, speeding a little bit, swore up and down that there wasn't a cop around. He came from the opposite direction, turned on the blues, and that was all she wrote.

·
Registered
510 Posts
oh not to change threads from LH to LX but when I was at the dealer having my ride checked, I saw a Police Charger. Didn't really look at the speedo to see it's speed, I want to say 160 or 180, and column shift. Funny thing though, the Charger has AutoStick. it is marked on the column shifter. push forward and back for manual :)

no center console, and generic stereo. lots of Cop Cr*p in between the seats.

Include dock for Motorola Laptop
Iowa State Patrol cars use hemi chargers and there is a video of them cruising(!) at 140+ to make a speeding stop.
Some are unmarked.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
In Northern Virgina, Fairfax County Sheriff's department (if I got the jurisdictions right) has a silver Trep. Cruises Rt 28 up and down around the Dulles area. I work in an office building with an FBI office. They drive a silver one also, but I haven't seen it in about a month or so... I never catch the FBI one though when it is sitting around in the parking lot AND I have time AND one of their guys is around... Would love to check that one out. There are no extra antennas on the FBI trep, there are no blue lights (that I can see at least), nothing... also, it does have the fog lights, but no light on the A-pillar (IIRC cop treps usually do not have the fog lights, they have an SE bumper..)

A little leary about taking pictures of it... considering these guys carry guns... I'm near the airport ..... and I speak with a foreign accent.... and show interest in an INTREPID...

·
Registered
545 Posts
They're here in this state also. Yes they're fast and the wheels give them away.. All black with a tiny chrome hipcap in the center. Lots of lights that flash when they pull you over. They're ususally white or grey and look like the RT not the ES nor SRX or SE.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I saw a clay county cop driving a all black second gen trep. Had the flood light and the police special rims. Standard Florida tags. I knew this was a cop because he had a car pulled over and red and blue lights flashing.

Kinda funny. JSO has a fleet of impalas that are unmarked using standard tags but you can tell it's a cop by looking at the back windshield and see the lights, very light tint. They have the police special rims and tires. Even the fog lights have red and blue bulbs that strobe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
More Police Treps

Down in Mecklenberg County, The towns of South Hill and Lacrosse have Silver Treps in their motor pool. I was driving my silver Trep and stopped at a light, then one of these guys pulled up next to me. He actually revved and smoked me at the light...yeah, like I was going to do anything about it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts