DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just on the odd chance a member might see my Intrepid.
It was on loan to my Niece, and was stolen from her apartment parking, about 10 days ago.
I do know that after this much time, it's unlikely that it will be worth putting back together, but at this point I'd just like to put a name, with whoever did this.
For reference I'm looking for the car in my sig picture.
Thanks.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,152 Posts
Now that really sucks. Good luck on finding it or the dirtbag that stole it!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,606 Posts
Geesh....that sucks, people just cant leave anyone elses stuff alone anymore...

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Im sorry for your loss. I would check with the cops every so often to see if anything shows up. Or drive around your niece area to maybe find it. God i would be devistated.

·
Registered
299 Posts
hopefully who ever took it took it form A to B and that was it......that way its still in one piece with no issues.......is there nothing safe in our world from anyone these days......

i hope the best for you on finding it...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so has there been any update on the intrepid? curious if its been found
No word yet, although a few guys with the Slant Six club, that live in Salem are keeping an eye out.
Kind of beginning to think, if it's not in Mexico by now, there's not going to be much left, but ya never know.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,702 Posts
That's messed up man, sorry to hear this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll call around down here and see if any of our yards, have any new green es's, they all know I've got a 96, I'll also tramp through the pull it yrd here.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Wouldn't it get flagged if it was to be traded in or sold?? Sucks to hear about it,,,as I like to say it what goes around comes around

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's back home

A couple hours ago, my wife went to Salem and got the Intrepid. Radio is gone but that's not a big deal. Whoever stole it, managed to leave all the glass, and the ignition in one piece. Kind of confusing, wonder if there's an old key, or if somebody has a master key?
My brother drove the Trep back to Portland, and said it ran great, so I guess we dodged a bullet this time.
You can be sure it's going to get some security additions soon.
Thanks for all the good wishes, seems like they worked this time.:thankyou:

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
A couple hours ago, my wife went to Salem and got the Intrepid. Radio is gone but that's not a big deal. Whoever stole it, managed to leave all the glass, and the ignition in one piece. Kind of confusing, wonder if there's an old key, or if somebody has a master key?
My brother drove the Trep back to Portland, and said it ran great, so I guess we dodged a bullet this time.
happy to hear you got it back and pretty much so unmolested too.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
wow awesome!! who found it and where?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where and who is an interesting story, that I'm not sure I believe. Supposedly was sitting on a store parking lot, towed, then we were called. I'm out of town, so June and my brother went to get it.
Little over $300 to the towing company. When I get back to town, I'm going to follow up on this.
As I mentioned, the ignition was not punched, and no glass was broken, although there was glass on the ground where the car was stolen.
The tow company involved has a shady reputation, and according to Salem Police, may be about to lose their license. Have to wonder if the tow company stole the car, then sat on it for a few weeks.
I just really smell a rat on this.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Where and who is an interesting story, that I'm not sure I believe. Supposedly was sitting on a store parking lot, towed, then we were called. I'm out of town, so June and my brother went to get it.
Little over $300 to the towing company. When I get back to town, I'm going to follow up on this.
As I mentioned, the ignition was not punched, and no glass was broken, although there was glass on the ground where the car was stolen.
The tow company involved has a shady reputation, and according to Salem Police, may be about to lose their license. Have to wonder if the tow company stole the car, then sat on it for a few weeks.
I just really smell a rat on this.
yeah something is way to weird about that. if there was glass around the area it was stolen from someone had to have broken a window. and then put a new peice of glass in it somewhere.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Can you tell if anby of the glass looks different from the rest??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts