DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you who want a less expensive R/T well we started building them Friday. Its called the SXT. You get no leather, ATC , OTIS, CD changer ,nothing fancy just the 3.5 H.O. Hell it doesn't even have the 3.5 sticker on the trunk. It even lost the R/T chrome tip,it gets the ES tip. :eek:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Ooooooo! A modern day hot rod! Just like in the 60's and 70's we can order all the go without any frills - a drag machine. I just wish the Trep R/T ran 14's in the quarter. :(

·
Registered
468 Posts
im going to wait till 04 to get that new one thats comin out

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
All of the below for a base price of $23,995! I am very interested!

Now if I could only swing financing...

2002 Dodge Intrepid SXT

INTREPID SXT

G Package
Package includes Standard Features
Badge - SXT
Radio - AM/FM/CD/Amp, 6 Speakers
Amplifier - 120-Watt
Radio - AM/FM Compact Disc w/Changer Control
Speakers - Premium

Shift Knob - Leather Wrapped
Spoiler - Trunklid
Steering Wheel - Leather Wrapped
Tires - P225/55R17 95S AS Touring
Wheels - 17" Aluminum, Chrome

Standard Features

3.5L V6 SOHC 24 Valve
4-Speed Automatic
AIR BAGS** — Next Generation environmentally friendly driver and front-passenger. **Certified to the Federal Regulations that allow less forceful air bags. Always use seat belts.
Air Conditioning
Alternator - 130 Amp
Antenna - Fixed
Assist Handles - Passenger
Badge - Dodge, Decklid
Badge - ES
Badge - Intrepid, Chrome on Decklid
Battery - 600 Amp Maintenance Free
Battery - w/Run Down Protection
Body Controller
Brake/Park Interlock
Brakes - 4-Wheel Disc
Cargo Compartment Dress-Up
Cargo Net
Carpet - Floor
Child Seat Upper Tether Anchorages
Climate Control Outlets - Front/Rear
Console - Full Length w/Cupholders
Defroster - Rear Window
Door Handles - Body Color
Engine Cooling - Standard Duty Plus
Exhaust Tip - Bright
Floor Mats - Ft/Rr w/Driver Tie-Down
Fog Lamps
Fuel Tank - 17 Gallon w/Tethered Cap
Glass - Front & Rear Solar Control
Glass - Solar Control
Glove Box - Locking
Headlamps - Quad Halogen w/Delay
Headliner Module - Base
Horns - Electric, Dual Note
Inside Emergency Trunk Lid Release
Instrument Cluster w/Tach
Insulation Group - Premium
Lamp - Trunk
Lamps - Front Reading/Map
Lamps - Rear Reading/Courtesy
Locks - Power, Speed Sensitive
Locks - Rear Door Child Protection
Lumbar Adjust - Manual, Driver
Medallion - Ram's Head
Mirror - Rear View, Day/Night
Mirrors - Power
Molding - Bodyside
Molding - Sill
Moldings - Day Light Opening
Radio-AM/FM Compact Disc w/Chgr Ctrl
Remote/Illuminated Entry Group
Seat - Power 8-Way, Driver
Seat - Rear 60/40 Split Folding
Seat - Rr Armrest W/Cupholder
Seat Belt - Rear Center, 3-Point
Seats - Premium Cloth Bucket
Shoulder Belts - Front Height Adjust
Spare Tire - Compact
Speakers - Four
Speed Control
Speedometer - 120 MPH Primary
Steering - Power Rack and Pinion
Steering Column - Tilt
Sun Visors - w/Covered Vanity Mirror
Suspension - 4-Whl Indep. Touring
Tachometer
Tires - P225/60R16 BSW AS Touring
Trunklid Release - Power
Wheels - 16" Aluminum
Windows - Power, Driver One-Touch
Windshield Moldings - Black
Windshield Wipers - Var Intermittent

·
Registered
118 Posts
"no leather, ATC, OTIS, CD changer"

Yup, it sounds just like my 2K R/T. :D

It's about $500 under what my base was. But with the roof, convenience pack, spare, in red, my total is about 3K more, sticker wise.

:)

PS - I just noticed, it's got those darn S rated tires. Does this mean it has the speed limiter? :confused:

PPS - And no, I don't see Autostick, or Anti-lock brakes, and isn't the R/T suspension better? :p

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Sysman ]

·
Registered
187 Posts
Sound more like just the police cars without the chips for high speed or the beefed up electrical box. They sell them fleet for like $23k too.

Waiting for 2004 model myself.

sURFN

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by ottowrkr:
For all you who want a less expensive R/T well we started building them Friday. Its called the SXT. You get no leather, ATC , OTIS, CD changer ,nothing fancy just the 3.5 H.O. Hell it doesn't even have the 3.5 sticker on the trunk. It even lost the R/T chrome tip,it gets the ES tip. :eek:
That kind of explains something. At the auto show (which I went to yesterday), they had two cars in the Dodge display that didn't make any sense. The first was what looked like a base model Stratus, but had a SXT sticker on the trunk. The second was what looked like an Intrepid R/T, but was different. The accompanying sales sticker said Intrepid R/T on it. But, there was no side badging and where the 3.5 Magnum badge would go on the trunk, there was a small SXT badge. This car did have the chrome rims, no leather, but I don't remember what the exhaust tip or instrument panel looked like.

Interesting.......

·
Registered
515 Posts
SXT ....SiR? What happened to ACR?

I'm gonna keep waiting for the Charger...

Though an Interpid SXT does sound more in my price range...

·
Registered
107 Posts
ARGH.

The R/T became the high-end? I got a first-run "2001" R/T back in August of 2000 (who figures out these dumbass model year convetions?!?)

No leather--though that was something I specifically like, and no other frills. I'd like that neat little console thing up top, the OTIS stuff? Other than that... moon roof, decent stereo, autostick, etc. The only things I wish this car had were folding rear seats (@!*#&!), traction control (hello Denver winter!), and side airbags. Oh, and a speedometer that went above 120. :)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are rumours going around the plant that there will not be a 2004 Dodge Intrepid. You will have to wait till 2005 for the new Dodge ,and it may not be called Intrepid. Don't quote me on this stuff guys , this is just what is floating around. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
You mean they are going to not have a sedan for a model year (skip a year), or they are just going to wait a year to introduce the new one?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yep, its all this stupid **** with merging. If the merge never took place then the Intrepid would have been redesigned for 2003 and no mabes about getting rid of it or not. just what I think.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
This ottowrkr guy is great. He gives us all the heads up info. Rumors, maybe, but it will help some of us adjust our budgets so that we can still end up with the car we want!

[ February 03, 2002: Message edited by: Viprman ]

·
Registered
336 Posts
That darn SXT actually has more than my 2000 R/T, Mine didnt come with the drivers convenience package with the keyless entry/power drivers seat and the sticker price on my R/T was a little over 25,000!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts