DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there i have 2004 intrepid sxt

I try too install a new radio on this car. I know wish color all of them is speakers but on this car there it doesn't work i dont now why :/ ?
I have two wiring left and i wonder if that there problem. i ask from the dodge shop if there can give me the diagram from the speakers and i got them but this two wiring is not on there.

the Colors from the two wiring is violet/yellow and Dark green/red.

i need help, can some tell me about that ???

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
Which audio system do you have? Does your system have an amplifier separate from the radio unit? If it has an amplifier, is it in the passenger-side kick panel, or is it in the trunk? How many speakers does it have in the front doors? Any speakers in the rear doors?

I only have the ‘02 manual in my phone, and I see the two wires you are asking about in that. I have the ‘04 manual in my desktop computer but I won’t be able to look at that until tomorrow (Sunday) morning (it is 10:30 pm Saturday night here now). I’d rather give you the info. out of the ‘04 manual to be sure it is accurate for your year car - sometimes they changed wire colors in different years.

But telling me which audio system you have (how many speakers, and where the amplifier is located) will also ensure that I provide information that is accurate for your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which audio system do you have? Does your system have an amplifier separate from the radio unit? If it has an amplifier, is it in the passenger-side kick panel, or is it in the trunk? How many speakers does it have in the front doors? Any speakers in the rear doors?

I only have the ‘02 manual in my phone, and I see the two wires you are asking about in that. I have the ‘04 manual in my desktop computer but I won’t be able to look at that until tomorrow (Sunday) morning (it is 10:30 pm Saturday night here now). I’d rather give you the info. out of the ‘04 manual to be sure it is accurate for your year car - sometimes they changed wire colors in different years.

But telling me which audio system you have (how many speakers, and where the amplifier is located) will also ensure that I provide information that is accurate for your car.
i just found out that i have an amplifier separate from the radio and yes it is on the passenger side. Do you know how can i know conect my new radio with this ? or do you know what is the minus and what is plus from the cables (violet/yellow and Dark green/red.)?

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
I’ll post the wiring diagram later this morning (unless someone beats me to it).

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
Actually, see if this link still works: 2004_LH_300M_Concorde_Intrepid

Wiring diagrams are in section 8W of “Service Manual”. Audio system 8W-47. Connector pinouts are towards the end of 8W - 8W-80 or thereabouts.

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
You’re welcome.

·
Premium Member
16,968 Posts
thank you very mush, i found the right cabel for the amp thanks again. The Dark green/red is 12 volt for the amp.
In looking in the ‘02 manual last night, I saw two wires that were yellow/violet. One was going to the CD changer, and the other went to the BCM. Probably the same in the ‘04 manual.

I see now that it is the PCI bus (a single-wire bus shared by all the computers and other electronics in the vehicle).

The Connector Pinout section gives all the colors and functional names of each wire. A big help when used with the actual wiring diagram pages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey do you know how can i bypass my amp ? because i connect my speakers right too the stereo but it works for couple hrs, than it show me on the radio aftermarket amp guard. i dont have sound . Can you help me out about that ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no sound Why ???

how can i bypass my amp ? because i connect my speakers right too the stereo but it works for couple hrs, than it show me on the radio aftermarket amp guard. i dont have sound . Can you help me out about that ?[/QUOTE]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts