DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the engine in the 300(2005+), the 3.5l is the same as the intrepid sxt and r/t ? Also do they both have a timing belt. I know the intrepid has one. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I was just wondering if the engine in the 300(2005+), the 3.5l is the same as the intrepid sxt and r/t ? Also do they both have a timing belt. I know the intrepid has one. Thanks.
Basically yes, but different manifolds, electrical systems; if you are thinking of a swap, forget it.........pretty much not doable.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an sxt was looking to trade for a 300 with the same engine, just wondering if they are still using a timing belt and if its the same engine. Guess they are the same except for some small changes.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
They are the same as far as timing belt. The intake is different. I think it's more efficient because gas mileage for the 3.5 LX's is about the same as the 3.5 LH's eventhough the LX is about 450 lbs heavier and shaped like a brick. The bad thing though on the LX's is that to change the spark plugs on one side, you have to remove the intake because it covers the plugs on one side as you can see in this picture...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
The bad thing though on the LX's is that to change the spark plugs on one side, you have to remove the intake because it covers the plugs on one side as you can see in this picture...

Reminds me of the spark plugs on the 2.5/3.0.:9lame:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Must be more efficient though than the old intake. Too bad it's as ugly as sin. You think they would've found a way to make the spark plugs accessible on both sides. Not really a huge problem all in all though, since the plugs only have to be replaced about every 50-60k because they're platinum tips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts