DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met this guy tonight, does a lotta custom work. I saw the sport roof he did to the hood a an early 90
s chevy. totally custom, he said he'd charge about 650...depends how well i get to know him. Anyway, what would you guys think of that? What's your opinion on an intrepid w/ t-tops or Sport-roof(like on old Supras)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
hmm, I think it would look like crap on this car. The Intrepid is way too big.

·
Registered
113 Posts
T-tops on an Intrepid wouldn't look too hot, on any four door car really, get a moonroof/sunroof, that will spruce up the car...

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
yes, id have to say a sport roof or t-tops would look pretty crappy on an Intrepid...or any 4 door for that matter. Stick with a moonroof/sunroof

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
a question what is the differance between a moon roof and a sun roof? is it when fully open a sun roof sits out of the car, and a moon roof retract into the roof like a treps does?

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Originally posted by blkbute:
a question what is the differance between a moon roof and a sun roof? is it when fully open a sun roof sits out of the car, and a moon roof retract into the roof like a treps does?
I think thats how it goes. IMO i like the ones that sit out side better than the ones that slide into the roof

·
Registered
578 Posts
Numero Uno

Sun roof is a sliding roof that is made of metal and opens to view the sun.

Moon roof is also a sliding roof made of glass that also allows you to view the moon at night when it may be a bit chillier.

Take it from me...T-roofs are a pain in the @SS. Gotta lift them out. Gotta put them back. Takes up trunk room. What happens when your riding on a busy freeway and all of a sudden it pours. Uh-oh. Your Trep interior will be wet, smelly, damp, moldy, ruined and all else. Get a moonroof if possible.

My Canadian 2 cents worth.

Danny
Capitalcity R/T
01 Black R/T with Moonroof

·
Registered
149 Posts
A drop top or a t-top will look terrible on a trepid or any four door sedan for that matter. Better stick with the moon roof and besides they look better than a t-top that is so 80's

·
Registered
413 Posts
I had a car with t-tops and I actually liked them better than the sunroof on this car, the t-tops were less noisy and gave you a more open air feel. The only thing I like about the sunroof is that I can vent the car if it gets too hot inside or open and close it without having to get out. I keep the sunroof closed about 95% of the time though. I do think that t-tops on this car wouldn't look right.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The roof of cars that aren't designed as convertibles/t-tops from the factory rely on the roof for structural support. There were people around here (where I live) who put t-tops in firebirds and camaros that didn't come with them and whenever the car took a corner too fast the body would twist and the doors would fly open. Needless to say they don't do that anymore! If you've gotta have a hole in the roof, like everyone else said, go with a moonroof :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dude talk about getting screwed. Having your door fly open just from taking a corner that whould suck. I will stick to my moonroof or sunroof or whatever the hell I have. :)

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Originally posted by XCR:
There were people around here (where I live) who put t-tops in firebirds and camaros that didn't come with them and whenever the car took a corner too fast the body would twist and the doors would fly open
Id be forced to laugh if i saw some idiot flyin around a corner and his doors flew open. Id pry have to pull over id be laughing so hard (no sympathy for idiots) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.