DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met this guy tonight, does a lotta custom work. I saw the sport roof he did to the hood a an early 90
s chevy. totally custom, he said he'd charge about 650...depends how well i get to know him. Anyway, what would you guys think of that? What's your opinion on an intrepid w/ t-tops or Sport-roof(like on old Supras)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
make sure that price includes frame ties/sub frmae connectors, these cars may not be powerhouses but without that extra metal your sure to start twisting stuff around

not sure how good it would look though, I've seen custom jobs in the past but have never seen a 4-door car with a cut-out roof

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
hmm, I think it would look like crap on this car. The Intrepid is way too big.

·
Registered
105 Posts
T-tops on an Intrepid wouldn't look too hot, on any four door car really, get a moonroof/sunroof, that will spruce up the car...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
yes, id have to say a sport roof or t-tops would look pretty crappy on an Intrepid...or any 4 door for that matter. Stick with a moonroof/sunroof

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
a question what is the differance between a moon roof and a sun roof? is it when fully open a sun roof sits out of the car, and a moon roof retract into the roof like a treps does?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by blkbute:
a question what is the differance between a moon roof and a sun roof? is it when fully open a sun roof sits out of the car, and a moon roof retract into the roof like a treps does?
I think thats how it goes. IMO i like the ones that sit out side better than the ones that slide into the roof

·
Registered
558 Posts
Numero Uno

Sun roof is a sliding roof that is made of metal and opens to view the sun.

Moon roof is also a sliding roof made of glass that also allows you to view the moon at night when it may be a bit chillier.

Take it from me...T-roofs are a pain in the @SS. Gotta lift them out. Gotta put them back. Takes up trunk room. What happens when your riding on a busy freeway and all of a sudden it pours. Uh-oh. Your Trep interior will be wet, smelly, damp, moldy, ruined and all else. Get a moonroof if possible.

My Canadian 2 cents worth.

Danny
Capitalcity R/T
01 Black R/T with Moonroof

·
Registered
147 Posts
A drop top or a t-top will look terrible on a trepid or any four door sedan for that matter. Better stick with the moon roof and besides they look better than a t-top that is so 80's

·
Registered
407 Posts
I had a car with t-tops and I actually liked them better than the sunroof on this car, the t-tops were less noisy and gave you a more open air feel. The only thing I like about the sunroof is that I can vent the car if it gets too hot inside or open and close it without having to get out. I keep the sunroof closed about 95% of the time though. I do think that t-tops on this car wouldn't look right.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The roof of cars that aren't designed as convertibles/t-tops from the factory rely on the roof for structural support. There were people around here (where I live) who put t-tops in firebirds and camaros that didn't come with them and whenever the car took a corner too fast the body would twist and the doors would fly open. Needless to say they don't do that anymore! If you've gotta have a hole in the roof, like everyone else said, go with a moonroof :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dude talk about getting screwed. Having your door fly open just from taking a corner that whould suck. I will stick to my moonroof or sunroof or whatever the hell I have. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine came from the factory-never had a problem with them. Cutting t-tops after the car is built is just plain stupid.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Originally posted by XCR:
There were people around here (where I live) who put t-tops in firebirds and camaros that didn't come with them and whenever the car took a corner too fast the body would twist and the doors would fly open
Id be forced to laugh if i saw some idiot flyin around a corner and his doors flew open. Id pry have to pull over id be laughing so hard (no sympathy for idiots) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts