DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread is dedicated to our 2001 Durango SLT 4X4 (4.7L). We purchased it from an acquaintance on September 7, 2004 with 36,700 miles on the clock. It was very meticulously maintained by the previous owners and I'm trying my best to keep it that way. It doesn't see much of the road, and currently has only 47,788 miles as of 06/13/06.

It is not fully loaded, but does have all of the most important options, including the third-row seat and rear heat & A/C.

The 'RangoBus' was bone stock when we bought it, and it still is for the most part with the exception of a few mods so far:
-20% tint on front doors
-Clear corners up front
-Carbon fiber tails
-GTS solar wing
-HuskyLiner cargo tray
-AVS Ventshades
-Polaroid dual DVD system

The wife's birthday is next week, so shhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone... but I'm going to try to get her some nice rumble from the muffler shop in the very near future. :D

Some pics taken 06/13/06:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
00r/t.mopar.muscle said:
Well, you're just a sig page whore today aren't you? j/k!! Durango looks great man, way to keep it mopar!!!
Thanks for admiring our other Mopar product, LOL, just wait... got one more sig page coming - probably later on tonight! Sig whore galore!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
looks nice brad!
i've always been a fan of the Rangos
almost bought myself one at one point, a 99, same color as yours!!
twas cheap and nicely modded, but it turned out to have been in a serious offroading accident and the frame was fooooked up to say the least

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Nice truck man! My mom drives an '01 SLT+ 'Rango...Grey in color, its fully loaded...leather, dual climate control, rear heat and a/c, third row seating, etc..

I like the tails and the clears you put on yours....gives me some ideas for mom's truck for her b-day in September! lol..

I'll get some pics of ours up soon, I gotta detail the hell out of it, she doesn't know what a carwash is! lol

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys... it's just a great all-around vehicle, whether going to the grocery store, or to Lowe's, or hauling the kids around, or going on vacation, or driving through a foot of snow, or whatever!

Love the '01-'03 Durangos in particular (once switched to the 16" wheels and the interior makeover), but the '04 on-ups aren't doing much for me at all still...

It's the wife's daily driver and she loves it too, so hopefully it will be in the family for a long, long time (and at 7k miles per year, it should be!). :bgtup:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
04IntrepidSXT said:
I had expected to see a pic of it next to the gas pump. Durangos are supposed to get horrendous gas mileage. Looks pretty though
The 4.7's not too bad, averaged an impressive 20.1 mpg going to Ocean City last year, with shitloads of cargo on board and on the roof.

It only gets about 500 or 600 miles on it per month though, so maybe $100 a month in petrol... I'm the one that sucks down close to $300 a month in my Intrepid with my commute...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IntrepidCUB said:
hehe dont ya get in toruble parkin on the grass jsut for pics :)
LOL nope, I actually pull the rides in there quite often to do the detailing and stuff because the yard is fenced in and my two little ones can run around and play while I get some work done at the same time. :bigok:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
I had expected to see a pic of it next to the gas pump. Durangos are supposed to get horrendous gas mileage. Looks pretty though
This is TRUE! My moms truck averages 12mpg mostly in town driving...around 17mpg on the e-way..

IntrepidBus IV said:
The 4.7's not too bad, averaged an impressive 20.1 mpg going to Ocean City last year, with shitloads of cargo on board and on the roof.
Damn! 20mpg would be killer for the Durango. I better look into the air filter and plugs/wires....knowing my mom they are probably OEM!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OneSpecialM said:
This is TRUE! My moms truck averages 12mpg mostly in town driving...around 17mpg on the e-way..

Damn! 20mpg would be killer for the Durango. I better look into the air filter and plugs/wires....knowing my mom they are probably OEM!
And she has the 4.7 as well? That does seem low... more in the range of what my buddy gets with his Durango R/T 5.9L.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
At 20 months, I'd say my daughter would still make a better driver than at least 30% of the people I see on the roads in PA... :hmm:
Come to Utah...that percentage would probably go up! :handonhip lol!

My boss just sold his R/T Durango a few months back due to the wonderful gas mileage!

So....Brad, are ya turning into a sig whore now, or what?! :biggrin: You need to spend more time with the wifey!!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In2Deep said:
So....Brad, are ya turning into a sig whore now, or what?! :biggrin: You need to spend more time with the wifey!!

LOL! The nice thing is that they're all done now! I finally said, while I have all these damn vehicles relatively clean, I'm gonna actually take some pics and upload them. At least for this one, it was her vehicle, so in a sense I was spending the time with/for her, right! :angel1: :dunno:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.