DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, for those of you who don't know me personally, my name is Brad, a.k.a. Bus.

Believe it or not... after more than four years on here without ever creating a sig thread, I finally broke down and made the commitment. :icon_lol: So anyhow, this thread is dedicated to my daily driver, "the IntrepidBus." My wife says that if I had to choose between it and her, I'd choose it. LOL. Sweet-tart, now you know that's not true at all. :3some:

As the story goes, I picked the the car up on October 10, 2003 with 78,497 miles on the clock, just as it came off a two-year corporate lease with my Dad's company. The sales guy that drove it for those two years actually took relatively good care of the vehicle. :thumbs-up

I only put 11k miles on it the first year, because I had another daily driver, but I've put the usual 30k/year on it since then. And I've enjoyed every mile! It's a perfect vehicle for cruising the highway 100+ miles per day. :D

This is the fourth and final Intrepid I've acquired from my Dad's company, and I'd have to say it was definetely the cleanest. Previously, I've owned a 1993 base model, a 1997 Sport, and a 1999 base model, all with well over 100k miles and no problems. The name "IntrepidBus" came about when I had my '93 at college in the mid-90's. A buddy of mine called it the the IntrepidBus and the name has lived on with every Intrepid ever since. That's where the 'IV' comes from for those who may have been wondering. :dunno:

Here are some exterior pics I took on 06/10/06:

Mods:
-Factory chrome Momentum wheels
-35% metallic tint all around
-Mopar hood bra
-Cateyez
-Factory spoiler
-AVS Ventshades
-K30 trucker antenna
-Niteshaded turnsignals
-Flowmaster 40 Series/3.5" outlet
-Badges removed
-Door moldings removed
-Goodyear NASCAR 235/55/16's scrapped on 06/10/06 :(
-Now rolling on speed rated Michelins :vroam:

140,298 miles as of 06/10/06

Protection Device #1

Protection Device #2

Front bench so we can roll 6 deep LOL

Folding rear seat

Folding rear seat in full camo

Self-installed OTIS

Epicenter control and a power toggle for the sub amp, just in case the rest of the family doesn't want a back massage! :D

MB Quart 2-ways in the doors

JL Audio 12W6s, still in the box I designed and assembled in 1996! This is the 4th vehicle that my stereo equipment has resided in over the past 10 years (previously in my '93 Intrepid, '95 Dakota, and '97 Dakota, then stashed in the basement and closet for a few years until I got the bug again last summer :))...

I know... it looks like old spaghetti behind the rear seat, but hey, this was my first install and not only does it work, but it sounds great! :music:

-PPI A600
-PPI Sedona 200ix
-Epicenter
-Coustic crossover

It's actually fairly clean under the hood, with the exception of the engine itself. Still need to degrease the engine before shining it up.

PICS OF THE ENGINE BAY AND MIGHTY 2.7 TO COME :brow2:

Canuck Motorsports springs (1.8") and new OEM struts installed as of 06/23/06: CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
Nice ride Bus!! Of course you don't need me to tell ya that ;) I have yet to see a trep the same color as yours in Cali. Looking good ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Very nice indeed, Bus. That is one clean SE. I also think my wife has made the same comment as yours about my Trep. But hey I've had three of em now, and she is still around!!! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the compliments guys. More mods to come this month (suspension in particular)... BTW what do you guys think would be the best accent color to set off the deep sapphire blue? Tossing around the idea of a tape stripe in bright red or bright blue down near the crease and maybe painting the calipers to match, but I don't want to go overboard. Clean and subtle has always been my theme...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
BTW what do you guys think would be the best accent color to set off the deep sapphire blue? Clean and subtle has always been my theme...
I'm thinkin' gold calipers and pin stripe. Otherwise a light blue stripe would catch the eye nice. Red is too harsh against the blue (contrast rather than compliment)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
i dunno exactly what color i'd go with on the calipers, but i dunno how the stripe would look, no matter what color it was... I think the subtle blue exterior of your car looks sweet enough as it is, no need for extra stripes...

LOVE THE CAR BRAD!
looks sick, and those wheels are sweeet...
cant wait to see it at carlisle!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys... I'm pretty certain about going with red calipers, just a matter of carving out the time to do it. The stripe I'm referring to possibly doing is identical to that of Danimal's chop. Hoping to have updated pics of the current modding within the next couple days. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sweet looking car man..

I dont know if I would stripe it at all either.. Looks pretty good the way it is.. I've always been partial to silver though personally.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Bus your Sapphire trep is the pimp ****. I have a lot of catching up to do lol. I haven't done any mods since the speakers/cd player/sub in like january haha. Broke like a joke. Anyways, I think the stripe Idea would really depend on the quality of the work and using the right color. If its done right and you use a nice color, if would look great. I think i'd stay away from bright colors, to be honest with you. I would do a gray, silver, maybe even a different shade of blue? Any ideas for my ride? lol

Josiah

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Always a drop-dead gorgeous color. Damnit you and Josiah are makin' me miss my old Intrepid more and more... my uncle finally fixed her up good as new and sold her on his front lawn in under 3 hours for 2k more than what we had originally paid for her... LOL!

Keep it up man, can't wait to see it next weekend!

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
I love blue treps, (why the heck do i have a maroon one?),, looks mean and clean,, red calipers yes,, strips??? if it was mine,, id leave it be,, but thats a personal opnion,
,, I say whatever makes you happy,,

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments and comments Oscar, Josiah and Padre. Definitely want to paint the calipers, but no way it will happen before Carlisle. :(

Good news is, the suspension work is complete and no problems at all. :D

$409.15 for a set of new oem struts, Canuck Motorsports springs and a 4-wheel alignment. Can't beat that. :) Special thanks again to xrental for the sweet deal on the springs. If this weather holds up for a while, I'll post some updated pics this weekend. :bgtup:

1 - 20 of 166 Posts