DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Originally posted by SPOOK R/T:
When you get outside the Mpls area Hwy 35W , 694N or 169N have alot of long straight aways to open up your car.
Not to mention I-94 eastbound from St. Paul to Wisc or I-494 from 94 to the Mall o'Merica! Watch for State Troopers on the speed run to Wisconsin, though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
:D
I'm glad to see and hear that you guys liked my post. Look for more if another little rice burning *** comes and starts ****. :D

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Must you guys use "***" all the time when you're talking about people who say something you don't agree with???

I just don't understand why it's such a common thing to say.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys, don't dog on the car so much as the owner. I'm also registered on the GP site and I've seen nothing about anyone trolling the Intrepid site (I found this place from another automotive site), but I do remember when the GP's and 3000GTs were invading each others sites last month.

The GP's are really nice cars, some don't like the aggressive styling, but I do. Alot of the arguments against them comes from the interiors, but I have a Regal, so I dont' have to worry about that. ;) What the cars really have going for them is that SC3800 engine. Buick spent alot of years developing that into the practical, economical engine it is now, with a little bit of performance.

Alot of the reason you see some cars running faster than others with more or less mods, is these cars are extremely touchy to weather conditions. I've personally ran 14.34 at 95mph in the 1/4 with only an open cone intake and cooler thermostat, that's it. I've seen some GP's run slower than me with a smaller SC pulley, exhaust, etc. but I've also seen some run faster than me bone stock.

The cars w/o the SC's do ok too. They had their compression raised to around 9:1, and they run mid to high 15's bone stock on average. Make no mistake, Buick hasnt really pushed the limits on these engines performancewise like they did toward the late 80's with the 3.8 GN. One of the most logical reasons is they don't have a FWD platform or transaxle that will handle any more than they're putting out now.

Anyway, I'll jump out of the car bashing session for now......

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think we're all going to hop out of this car bashing thread for now.

If you want to discuss the aspects of the GTP v. the Intrepid maturely, start another thread.

Also, this "***" BS is going to stop in this forum. If you can't think of a more intelligent word to insult someone with, maybe you should consider not posting at all.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts