DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard that all intrepids have a top speed of 118mph b/c of a limiter type thing. Does anyone know anymore about this or if there is a limiter at all?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Heh, I've been to 119, then I was worried about my H rated tires... :)

Soon as I get some rims and some z rated rubber, and that I know my suspension/steering linkage is up to par for that speed, I'll be sure to try it out.. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fastest ive gone was 106mph and the car sounded like it was going to fall apart. I still want to go faster!!!

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
easily hit 116 without any shuddering or potential troubles arising. I do believe there is a restrictor that wont let you go much faster though.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
You need to specify what type of intrepid. Second gen se, es, and some motorsports r/t's all have a limiter at 118. I don't know about the sxt at all but I know that the rt doesn't have a limiter. The limiter is there because our stock tires are only rated at 118 mph. I know nothing of first gen intrepids.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine is a 95' 3.5 24valve, 178,000 mi, no mods. is there any way to find this restrictor plate or remove/replace it with something else.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
There are or were different limiters for different locations starting from 108mph to 135, 145, and no limiter. The only way to remove it is by programing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have a first gen (Eagle Vision) 3.5 and I can get past 120 MPH. I have no limiter at all.
Maybe it´s because it´s a european version...don´t know.Or I had better rated stock wheels.

I could live with a limiter though, since going past 120 isn´t worth a premature tranny rebuild in my opinion...

Benny

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I've hit 135MPH before, but I got scared and had to slow down :( The car keeps pulling and pulling.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
ive hit a blistering 65mph before.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
You shoulda bought an R/T... browse thru the R/T SXT section. Some R/T owners are claiming 145+ Ain't no speed limiters on R/T's except some motorsports editions

·
Registered
685 Posts
2003 SXT 3.5L HO, 108mph speed limiter....completly hate this limiter. I must hit it 3 times during my half hour drive home late nights. Turbo ( i believe) was making eliminators for the 2nd gens but stopped...so sad. With the Kenne Bell Optimize II upgrade (around $349 if they do 2nd gen computers) they can take off the limiter only if asked to, not to mention all the other gains aquired by the optimizer II.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
108??!! That SUX!! I can't believe they'd set it that low! I hit that over couple of weeks or so just for fun! I've hit my limiter (119-ish) a couple times going back and forth between Utah and California....gotta love I-15 through Nevada! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts