DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you guys before I race this guy. What do you guys think will have an advantage of winning??
1999 Olds Intrigue 3.5 - no mods or my
1996 Intrepid ES 3.5 with K7n and air restrictor removed

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
well, their 3.5 makes 215hp and ours makes 214. he has a weight advantage of almost 200 pounds over you.

race him and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I lay bets on the trep <Inside info> Wink wink :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
you can tip the odds in your favor with the tried-n-true "hey, what the hell is that!?"...then saying 'go' when the guy looks the other way... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
468 Posts
if u have a system take your speakers out itll releave some weight
every little bit will help

·
Registered
381 Posts
Empty the trunk of all junk, take out the spare & have less than half a tank of gas. Each gallon of gas weighs 7 lbs. That will give you the invisible advantage. Good luck kicking his ass!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Doode, My dad owns a 98 Intrigue. Is there different engines in them? I forgot what specs it is. Well, when i got my 97 trep, I was pretty sure he would beat me if we raced. But with my mods, I would probably beat him. That is definately a drivers race for sure, I think it will go back and fourth as you 2 prgress through the gears.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
that should be a very close race, judging by specs. if he isnt a good driver you should be able to take him.

·
Registered
560 Posts
is the intrigue front drive or rear? and is the motor mounted transversely? ... just curious...seeing how similar these cars are to each other...oh yeah, and are they 4 speeds?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I can answer some of that.
The Intrigue is frount wheel drive, engine mounted transversley [different from ours]
And, it is a 4 speed. One advantage is that the Automatic shifter has 1 2 3 O N R P on it, O being overdrive [obviously] so they can shift through the gears almost like the autostick. almost.
Ive never got used to driving the Intrigue, I dont like it kause its too easy to drive, no feedback. So, I have no clue weather the tranny is set up to be better.

Good luck doode, I wanna know the outcome!!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Originally posted by pimped3point3:
i gave ya the rating, where's my 5 dolla? ;) :D :)
Did you make him holla first? :)

<Big time hides> :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
i can answer this cuz I own an Intrigue....They are nice cars, but the 3.5 powered ones need A LOT of room to stretch their legs (all top end)..........but the 3800 Intrigues will put the smack down on a lot of unsuspecting folks, even though (stock)they have 20hp less than the 3.5

1 - 15 of 15 Posts