DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 1/2 weeks ago, I was returning from a college where I sometimes provide instruction. 730PM...pitch black..driving through farmland and forest. Wanted to try out the cruise control. Cannot see sh*t. Had to turn on the dome light and take the eyes off the road to figure out whats what.
Later that evening, my sister-in-law requested that I drive over my father-in-law's 2000 Intrigue. He's in Italy. Oh! What do I see? Can it be true? It actually does exist? Lit-up cruise control buttons on the steering wheel? Virtually the same as ours? Cannot be! Who could have invented this sensible gadgetry? Certainly not the Intrepid engineers! Or, maybe the finance people thought that 50 cents or less worth of light would hurt the bottom line! Well, taking your eyes off the road 5 minutes at a time to figure which button does what will definitely cost more!!!
Still love my car, but those little ideas that the Inrigue incorporated makes good sense!! :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused:

Danny
Capitalcity R/T
01 Black R/T

·
Registered
109 Posts
I feel your pain, I hate not having lighted controls.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
wife's explorer has the lighted controls, kinda like it but I agree that memory is fine, what I could do without is the "cruise" light on the dash, I prefer to just leave it on and use it as I get lazy..oh well, at least they gave us a "cancel" button so we dont have to tap the brake pedal to shut off

·
Registered
493 Posts
Originally posted by joekd:
I hope you dont mean me...no offense to anyone but I hate that Neon ****..I outgrew it when I got out of my teenage years

No blue lights anywhere on my car......
You are so right.

And I never grew into it. It is so stupid

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
oh come on...I remember when I was 16 and the neons were just beginning to be popular, they looked cool but I chose to spend money making my cars run faster, not look good parked. the debates went like this: "$100 for neon underglow or $100 for a shift kit for my trans am" hmmm...easy decision to make

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Intrigue's a decent alternative to the intrepid, i think. Occasionally I drive my parents' '99 and, although it has that GM "plasticky" feel, it's not all bad.

Still favor the intrepid. but honestly if i was still in the market, with the 5 year / 60k warranty in ADDITION to dirt cheap APR's and the factory incentives, I would strongly consider it.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
the intrigues are a nice car but i'd rather have an intrepid.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I often tell an engineers who will listen to me about putting some lights inside the cruise switches. But they dont listen.???

·
Registered
118 Posts
Actually, I don't really like the cruise on the wheel, I'ld rather have "radio" controls there.

I really liked the cruise control on my old Monte Carlo, part of the turn signal lever...

:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'd like to see crusie and radio on the wheel, lite up would be nice. I hate having the controls on the turn signal stalk..

I like the Intrigue on the outside, but when we test drove one, my god was that thing puke on the inside....

$.02

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have both cruise AND radio controls on the wheel, radio controls come with the Infinity setup...

on another note, the cruise control on the 2nd gens is laid out differnetly from the first gens...ugh....took me a little bit to get used to that.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No JOEKD, I didn't mean you. It was WARLORD! :D :D
We have lights for the speedo and gauges. We have lights for the AC/Heat. We have lights for the radio. Dammit, we even have lights in the ashtray, window buttons and door locks!
Cruise control? Noooooooooooo!!!
When Warlord is speeding at 100 MPH and a cop comes into the rearview mirror and he wants to casually slow down without the brakes, and it is pitch black, he's panicky, I hope he remembers the layout. Just kiddin' man! ;) ;)

I almost subleased his Intrigue, full load, dressed up as a GLS, but I opted for the R/T.
No regrets but WHERE ARE THOSE DAMNED LIGHTS?

Danny
Capitalcity R/T

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Originally posted by CapitalCity RT:
No JOEKD, I didn't mean you. It was WARLORD!
We have lights for the speedo and gauges. We have lights for the AC/Heat. We have lights for the radio. Dammit, we even have lights in the ashtray, window buttons and door locks!
Cruise control? Noooooooooooo!!!
When Warlord is speeding at 100 MPH and a cop comes into the rearview mirror and he wants to casually slow down without the brakes, and it is pitch black, he's panicky, I hope he remembers the layout. Just kiddin' man!

I almost subleased his Intrigue, full load, dressed up as a GLS, but I opted for the R/T.
No regrets but WHERE ARE THOSE DAMNED LIGHTS?

Danny
Capitalcity R/T
Nope. No blue glow lights here! (I am thinking about red though :))

As for turning off the cruise control without braking, the "On/Off" button is pretty effective at doing that! :)

Now really...If you are going 100mph and it's pitch black out, are you really going to notice that the headlights in your rear view mirror are those of a cop? By the time you notice, he'll have to be right on your ass, and by than you are already busted!! :D

But truthfully, in Michigan (especially during deer season) I would NEVER drive that fast at night! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts