DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I’m OZ I just got a ’98 intrepid (non-ES) I was searching the net for tips on fixing them and came across the site. I picked up the car tonight haven’t driven it yet, as it doesn’t run right.

It has no compression in cylinder 3 which the previous owner said they were told that means the block is cracked. I’m no mechanic but I’ve done a few rebuild on various rides before and to me a cracked block would mean low compression no compression I’m wondering if the valve ain’t bent causing it not to seat right. Other then this, the car seems to be in excellent condition. I got it for free so it wasn’t a bad deal, the previous owner figured it had to have a whole new engine put in and it wasn’t worth it. I came across the site and started looking as some low level tuning I could do once I get it running. CAI’s , exhausts, I plan on this being just a nice cruiser with a little bit of “geddup’n’go”.

Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself…

(Previous car experiences,, 89 Galant LS rebuilt Engine, tranny, intake, sound system, and interior… So I know a wee bit I did all the work myself.)

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Welcome from Chicago!

As for the car, I would get that 2.7 out of there and drop a 3.5HO in it. Post some pics of it if you can. I think you need 5 posts in order to do that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Aye but how much will the 3.5 run me (used of course) and will it bolt right up or will i have ot hack the thing apart and weld and AHH madness! I've got about a month left on my lease and I rather have all vehicles up and running by then so I dont have to tow them to the new place.

Denver Colorado here BTW

Edit: keep in mind I just want a zippy nice looking ride, I can't go too hard cause I've only 1 point left on my licence and my job depends on that one point staying on there.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yes, but Fearless is right

Sounds like that 2.7 has already bit the dust. It also sounds as though you bought it without a test drive and knowing that it has a host of problems. I hope you didn't pay much.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sounds like that 2.7 has already bit the dust. It also sounds as though you bought it without a test drive and knowing that it has a host of problems. I hope you didn't pay much.

It says he got it for FREE. SO i don't think he payed to much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts