my new 00 has these codes...

i got
1684- battery disconnected within last 50 starts

and
Invalid key received from the Smart Key Immobilizer Module

so i know what 1684 is.

but 1685....

im assuming its this-

when i bought the car today, the guy showed me that it came with 3 keys.

2 keys had chips and keyless entry clickers attatched-

1 key looked like just a bare metal key. no plastic black grip.

he said that one key would open the doors and trunk, and would start the car, but if you took it out of park it kills the motor...

so im assuming thats what the fault code is?

just want to reassure myself.

anyone else delt with this?

is this a key that came with the car or did someone get it made?
i dont know why it would come with the car, just wondering why the hell he had it.

thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
DO NOT start your car mutlitple times with that key. If its like the 02 like mine it will disable the motor for 2 flippin hours if you do it several times in a row. The computer basically thinks someone is trying to steal the car and disables the electronics for 2 hours. Throw that key away or put it in a safe place for when you lock your keys in the car.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
The silver key it think is called a valet key.
i used mine for a while however my 97 doesn't have the security features the second gens do.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DO NOT start your car mutlitple times with that key. If its like the 02 like mine it will disable the motor for 2 flippin hours if you do it several times in a row. The computer basically thinks someone is trying to steal the car and disables the electronics for 2 hours. Throw that key away or put it in a safe place for when you lock your keys in the car.

LMFAO

''THROW THAT KEY AWAY''

sounds like your still bitter about having to wait two hours. i would be too lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
LMFAO

''THROW THAT KEY AWAY''

sounds like your still bitter about having to wait two hours. i would be too lol
Yeah you could say that. I went and got 2 more remotes to unlock the doors now so when the kids lock the only key i have in the car i can retrieve it. I have a key to get cut then programmed but the dealer here is a dickhead and wants an arm and a leg to program it and i don't have time to take it down the the dealer in the next town over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts