DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Brake jobs on the Intrepid are easy......not hard at all (hardest part is prying the caliper apart).

·
Registered
714 Posts
I just got a set of slotted, cross-drilled and zinc-plated from iRotor and they are GREAT. I should have done this when I first my car!! The trick with getting the caliper apart is to take the cap off the master brake to release the pressure, just make sure you dont get any air back in the line but the calipers will open up EZ'er with the cap off.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
They're nice rotors, look cool and all, and perform nicely, but they won't last longer than any other typical rotor made for our cars. I had em on my '98 ES with Bendix CT-3 ceramic pads, stopped on a DIME.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
I have a set of slotted/drilled on my car and they've been great. They are starting to show some signs of warpage now though unfortunately. Can these rotors be turned just like normal rotors?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
IDK if you can turn them dude......something in my head says no.

.....I've heard with slotted rotors, you should also chamfer your pads before installation (I didn't do it, and my pads are a bit chewed up)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about iRotors. I have them for the rear, but haven't installed them yet. The only thing I don't like about them is the slot design. The slot should go all the way to the outer edge, but iRotors doesn't do it that way.

Here is a pic of the iRotor rear --> http://intrepidrt.brianchase.us/pics/Rotor_iRotors_rear.jpg

The reason for having the slot go to the edge is to allow gases to escape. But the holes also do that, and I doubt you'll notice a difference. It's just really an irk of mine. :)

I have found the hardest part about changing the brakes is getting the caliper back on.

As for chamfering the pads, I have never heard of that. But if you go with Bendix pads, they are already chamfered (had to throw that out there). :D

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
hmmm... i emailed irotors, and this was their response.....

Hello Lee,

With ALL cross drilled & slotted rotors (whether they are the iRotors brand or a different brand), they cannot be cut, turned, or resurfaced. Doing any of the three will compromise the structure and strength of the rotors. Once the rotors are done, you will need to move on to a new pair.

Thank you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
iRotors installed on my ES

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.