DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sending a used and abused 98 SE 3.2 Intrepid to the graveyard tomorrow. It has a working sunroof that vents and retracts nicely. Should I go through the trouble taking it and the headliner out? The headliner needs completely redone to look nice. Worn, smokey and smelly. My son has an 01 I thought about using it in or maybe in the 04 I'm thinking about buying. Would it even work in the 04? If there is anything hot off this car that I should save (small items) let me know, She's gone in 24 hours. I'm keeping the front bumper and hood for my sons car. The sunroof maybe. The mirrors and a couple of aftermarket speakers. Engine is bad. 205K miles. Junky car.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,624 Posts
Do you want the long answer or the short answer?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Is a Factory sunroof worth saving?
Yes. A fully functioning sunroof is becoming harder and harder to find. Maybe someone will buy it off you in the future.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,624 Posts
Never had a problem with any of my 3 moonroof equipped LH cars. 2000 R/T, 2002 R/T and 2002 Special. And my 2006 SRT-8 moonroof has been working perfectly since I've owned it.

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
some have saved them,, to find out to put a factory sunroof on a non sun roof car, is usually more trouble than its worth,, the right way to do it is swap roofs, different braces etc...

as far as saving anything else? Id keep the ecm, and key,, TCM,, Hvac controls, tail lights and light bar,, maybe your son would like to customize them for his car,,, etc,, rule of thumb,, when junking a car keep anything you think you may need in a year.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
It's not hard to remove but probably not worth the effort if you don't have a need for it. I tried to sell one on here but had little interest.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
not really worth it unless you plan on keeping it for a spare yourself, they dont seem to be a major failure point on these cars and retrofitting one in is impossible. If you've got infinite storage... sure!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
If i was to "take " the roof i would cut as much metal as i could to go with it.

That way you could sell it to a hot rodder etc.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I've never seen one break; one even survived baseball size hail that cracked the windshield in two places on a friend's 300M.

Retrofitting a sunroof requires a roof swap....that's a lot of welds to make!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts