DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my trep needs to go in for some tranny work, shes a 94 3.3L with 245000kms, the repair bill is $1650. The body is great and everything seems to work well, but do you guys think its worth it to fix? How well do tranny's usually last after a rebuild? I love the car but i dont wanna have a money pit. I just need some advice.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I would go to a junk yard and find a newer Intrepid SE with the 2.7L and grab the tranny out of that. This does 3 things, one you have a almost new transmission, the newer Intrepids have stronger trannys, and you get the SE gears which give you better acceleration.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Look if you like your car (and you're here so I think you do) spend the money and get the tranny fixed. If you don't and go out and buy something else you don't no what problems might come along with that car. At least you know we're here to help with any porblem that might arise with an LH car :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya thanks guys, i was really upset when they said its not worth it, but i think im gonna pay the money and get it fixed. I have never loved a car like this before lol. So thanks for the support!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Go to the dealer and look at the price of a new car! You'll have no problem with paying the repair charge. BTW, if your car doesn't have an external tranny oil cooler installed, get one. Will make the tranny last longer. Don't forget to use +4 fluid in the rebuilt unit. Your TCM should be flashed for quick learn and also TC break-in if the TC was replaced.

Just my $0.02.

FredB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts