DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it'd be possible to have lights that shine out the exhaust. I have 3" duals on my intrepid and was thinking of drilling a hole in the top and mounting some sort of red light to shine out the pipe (it'd be hooked up to the brake lights). I didn't know if the bulb would melt in the heat, or if it was even possible to do?

Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, the picture on that messageboard wouldn't load. anyone else have it that can post it on here?

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
sounds like a kinda cool idea...i cant get that pic to load either :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
An Intrepid is not a "RICER". Doing this could result in the loss of ownership. (Too late 3" pipes are already "RICER")

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm... my brother has 3" duals on his truck, and I pretty much wouldn't consider it a ricer...

Keep your negative opinions to yourself unless you've actually seen it.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
what is all this ricer ****, people say that pretty much any mod around here anymore is ricer. 3 inch tip, no way in hell would that be ricer, especialy on a Trep. Another thing just because someone wants to add lights here or there to make things look better/cool, its not ricer. fake disc brakes, type R stickers, **** like that is Ricer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree with erik, My definition of a ricer is this- Anything made in japan that has no power and then is trying to look fas to intimidate you even though it only has 1-2 liter engine.

And as for the 3" inch exhaust thing with the tail pipe lights, I say go for it. If you figure out how to do it post it up and let everyone enjoy the fruits of your labor

·
Registered
890 Posts
Not cool bro i have dual 3 inchs exhaust i dont think it looks ricey. as for the lights that would be cool if you can do it.

cuase after driving hard my exhaust tips get really hot to the point you can cook a steak on it :D ;) ;)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
3" piping is definitely not ricey if done correctly (example-Garrett's exhaust looks nice on his car). On a 1.7L inline 4 it would be ricey, but not on a motor that at least has 2 banks of cylinders. I have 3" tips on my car and they dont look the least bit ricey.

[ December 31, 2001: Message edited by: pimped3point3 ]

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
O.K. if the 3" pipe is done right. It can be good. But lights in the pipe thats "RICER". Oversized tires in back, Undersized tires in front is "RICER" A big #9 on the hood of a red Intrepid is "RICER" and neon lights under the car thats "RICER"

·
Registered
63 Posts
on my intrepid r/t i have the dual long truck style pipes and they are 3" & 1/2. and on my fathers dodge ram 98' he put on the 4".
Jgarrett98 if u can do this cool, tell us how it comes out and take some pic's.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Originally posted by adaptabl:
O.K. if the 3" pipe is done right. It can be good. But lights in the pipe thats "RICER". Oversized tires in back, Undersized tires in front is "RICER" A big #9 on the hood of a red Intrepid is "RICER" and neon lights under the car thats "RICER"

We should stop with all this ricer stuff. It's consuming us all. We like our Intrepids, others laugh and ask why we bother with grandma's car, so what? The main thing is we like our cars. I don't care what others say, and I don't like it when people bother to try to insult my opinion so I don't want to insult their's. And BTW, big tires in back and front tires smaller is not ricer. That's drag strip. Ricer is big tires in front, smaller in back, ricers are front wheel drive! 3" exhaust is not ricer also. That's performance. 2" exhaust with 4" exhaust tip is ricer. The buzz of a weed whacker flying down the street is ricer. The keyword in ricer is rice, what Japs like to eat. So by definition, an American-made car most likely can not be a "ricer". But I won't lie to you, if they do make a car that runs off of rice, I would be the first to buy it. Rice is cheaper than gas...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
First of all id like to get the term "Ricer" straight. A "Ricer" can be almost any make of vehicle. Its when you do stuff that doesnt look right on your car. Stuff that makes it LOOK fast but its actually a slow econobox. And also since when is Bill Elliots NASCAR a ricer?? Neons are also not just ricer. Most things associated with ricers is: Overly huge wings, over-done ugly body kits, 5" exhaust tips, dual exhaust when you have an inline motor, lots of vinyl on the body, single wiper, fake hood scoops, and cars with identity crisis' (example: putting a spyder sticker on a hard top eclipse)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
"And BTW, big tires in back and front tires smaller is not ricer. That's drag strip."

Not on a front wheel drive car. its "RICER"

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Originally posted by adaptabl:
"And BTW, big tires in back and front tires smaller is not ricer. That's drag strip."

Not on a front wheel drive car. its "RICER"
Can't you get off the line a little faster with smaller tires on the front in a front wheel drive car? I think Spook R/T did this (though not drasticly).

·
Registered
515 Posts
Originally posted by Intrepid99:
Can't you get off the line a little faster with smaller tires on the front in a front wheel drive car? I think Spook R/T did this (though not drasticly).

Big tires in back for a rear-wheel drive car, big tires in front for front-wheel drive. I don't know **** about cars and I see the 8-sec ricers do that at the drag strip. I know for a fact though, in a front-wheel drive car, all weight in the back of the car is 100% useless and slows you down, hence you want smaller tires in back. Vice-versa in rear-wheel. Correct me if I'm wrong, cause this is just what I heard so I don't know if it's true.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Why does everyone think neon lighting is "ricer"? It's not. If I remember correctly, wasn't neon lighting with hot rodders long before the "import" scene even started? If I see a Civic with neon lighting, that's not rice. Now, if that same Civic has a "Type-R" or "Type-S" sticker, some asian symbols, Folders as an exhaust tip, and such, than, that my friend, is "rice".

[ January 02, 2002: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
The only customized Civic I have seen that looked good, Was a white Civic with A small Spoiler,Nice 16" 0r 17" Chrome wheels and tires that had more than 1" of sidewall, Blacked out windows and a small 2-2 1/2" Chrome exhast pipe.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So your telling me that my 1970 Plymouth 340 Duster is a rice rocket because i have 2 1/2" exhaust and a set of mickey thompson indy sportsmans on the back??? dumb arse you just said that any muscle car is rice by saying big tires on the back small on the front thats rice LMAO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts