DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much work do you think would be involved in going from 3.3 to 3.5? Would it be worth it? I like my 3.3, I have been wondering if it's worth the trouble and expense if my 3.3 ever fails.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I like my 3.3! :) We sacrifice power and speed, but we get much in return: few, if any tranny problems; more stable water pump & no timing belt to change; and more I can't think of right now.... :)

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
If you were gonna replace the engine, you might want to consider any other kind of engine that might fit in there. Or you may want to look into boring out the 3.3 to a 3.8, that might be a better idea than the 3.5

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Be careful of going too far if you start doing internal engine work because big trouble could lie ahead what with a bigger (bored out) engine wanting more fuel and even more air meaning fuel system upgrades meaning ECU programming changes, meaning exhaust work meaning extensive transmission work to hold up all of the power, and so on and so forth. A rather simple swap of one LH engine to another and then simple (albeit custom-made)upgrades should make the car a far better-performing machine. Also, remember that nothing is free and doing all this work will cost big bucks, not sure if you want to call that a wise investment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts