DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
My oil light comes on, occasion when I am stopping or stoped in stop and go traffic, could it be that my oil pump has failed and therefore my engine is about to? I have a 2.7 Liter with about 36,500 miles on it.
Thanks.

:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
have you checked your oil level?? if your engine oil level is low, it will cause those exact symptons.

And if it is your oil pump, you wanna get that fixed right away before your engine does die. its a lot cheaper to put a oil pump in rather than a whole engine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fram oil filter

My '99, 2.7, 112k did the same thing. After replacing the pvc valve, oil pressure sensor, I replaced the Fram filter and that solved the problem. Filter always seemed to leak and I could never tighten it enough to stop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I took mine to the dealer last week for this (as well as for the recall on seat bolts)... it was the oil pressure sender...apparently when the oil heat up it leaks from the sending unit giving false readings to ecm... they have to replace the unit...$75 for diagnostic( just to make sure it isn't something else) $30 for p&l. I wouldn't worry as long as you maintain your engine regularly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts