DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1994 Trep 3.3. I was wondering is it worth the trouble of putting mods on? Could someone give me examples of cars this intrepid could beat because I kinda get worried if I get asked to race.... Here's a few example's I would like answers to.. 1985 toyota corolla gt-s, 1994 toyota celica, and a new 2003 hyundai elantra... my friend's cars.. but if you could list other cars that may be a good challenge.. so I can look out for them :wink: . Thanks Everyone. Justin

P.S. Haven't been on here for a while.. if the Trep is worth it I am going to get some stuff for it for christmas.. so I appreciate any answers !

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
you will look much cooler if you try and race then lose then you will making excuses why you wont race

race anything and everything, you never know what you can do till you try

also remember that even the fastest cars can have bad drivers

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay sounds good. 1/8 or 1/4?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah true thanks JoeKd.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
you stand a good chance to get a jump on ANY OHC motor... so the 1/8 might prove to be more fruitful for you....

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Probably the easiest mod to get more power would be a nitrous kit.....only thing is that it is not good to use it on a car that has some mileage on it, plus you can really screw up your engine if it is not used right. I had the 3.3 on my 92 New Yorker.....I found it to be a pretty good reliable engine. Mine had 127K on it when i sold it and it didn't smoke or knock or anything. Maybe if you can't find any good engine mods, you can try removing some weight when racing....spare tire, less gas in the tank, etc.....hey every little bit helps!....

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i got 98,000 miles on it. Wouldn't want to blow the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts