DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help to find out if this is a good price for new tires:

GoodYear Eagle 225/60/17 (whatever the stock size is on the Razorstars) – $113.12 per tire = $226.24 for the pair.

I already have this type on the back and one on the front. The back left needs replacing asap as it’s cracked and whatnot, so I need two new ones to supplement the two I have which are in new/nearly new condition. I will then use the Continental whatever currently on the front left as my future spare tire and have brand new tires on the front.

The other quote I got was for $99 each for some tires “made by Cooper”.

I’d rather have the GoodYears obviously.
These prices are through a friend who has a dealership and it *should* be a good price.

Can anyone verify?

Thanks a lot.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,621 Posts
I paid $141.76 to put an Eagle LS2 on the spare in the 225/55-17 size. That included lifetime balancing and the disposal fees. I'd say you'd be getting a better deal than what I got. I wanted a decent tire on the spare besides the TripleTreads I had on the other four and they said that was the cheapest they had for that size/quality.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what type of GoodYears they are but the ones I have I think are LS's...

I called another place and they gave me a price of $92 each for GoodYear Integrity whatever that is....

Damn confusing.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the right size is 225/55/17. I don't know why I thought the height was 60.
I need to check that.

Would that make the tire more expensive since 60 isn't the "normal" size?

I basically need two new tires that are not the worst possible in snow and rain because it's soon that season here in the North East. Sigh.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Don't know about the TRZs, but a lot of the lower Yokohama tires have really flexible sidewalls. My buddy had a set of Avid H4s and they felt like butter.

I just got a new set of GY TripleTreds, really good so far. I was going to go for Khumo SPTs, but don't think a W rated summer high performance tire would be that good in deep powder ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RJ said:
I just got a new set of GY TripleTreds, really good so far. I was going to go for Khumo SPTs, but don't think a W rated summer high performance tire would be that good in deep powder ;)
What's the price on those?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Checked it out:

225/55WR17 Kumho ECSTA ASX
Blackwall

$160 for two.... $17 shipping.... only $177 for the two!!! Reviews seem to be good... this beats the hell out of $226.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,621 Posts
You need to factor in the mounting and balancing you'll need to pay locally. Some places jack up the price of those services if you don't buy the tires from them. Call around and see what you get for prices when you say you're supplying the tires. Stress that you just need plain mounting and ballancing and not the lifetime services..etc if that's the way you want to go. Just a thought before you commit. $80 a tire in that size is a very good price though.

Reactions: Treppin99

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll have to think about it. i really want to get four of them, though... not sure how two Kumhos would match up with two GYs... Thanks for the tip, Ronbo.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Treppin99 said:
What's the price on those?
On sale for $139 Cdn @ 1010tires.com (The warehouse is in Vancouver so I picked them up local)

I think they're back to about $150 USD now.

740 treadwear (80,000 mile) compared to 260 for my RS-As. Dry grip is nearly as good, wet grip 10 times better. Also much quieter.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Treppin99 said:
I'll have to think about it. i really want to get four of them, though... not sure how two Kumhos would match up with two GYs... Thanks for the tip, Ronbo.
I think it'll be fine so long as (l)to (r) are the same tire. I put the kumho on front and still have coopers on the back (all though I do plan on getting another set of kumho for the rear when $$ permits)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I got some tires. Used GoodYears like the car had already, but in very good condition and almost no wear - $120 for the pair and got them balanced. Then I have four of the same tires. Not bad. The car rides so much better now.
Thanks for all the input. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts