DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom got this in the mail the other day, and I was curious if anyone else recieved this or has heard of it? I don't want my mom to sign up for it, and have her car stolen or something!

thanks,
Andrei

·
Registered
75 Posts
i think its a load of crap. most letters from dealers and stuff like that has some sort of signature or has the name of who sent the letter. that letter has neither. not to mention the fact that if they know you own the vehicle then they should also be able to look up your name and put dear so and so. one thing to try checking is try to get another number for roush industries inc. and call to see if they know anything about it.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It very well could be legit. Since you are in Michigan and Roush's Vehicle Emissions Laboratory is in Michigan plus they not only give you a company name, but an address, phone number and point of contact, it very well could be legit. But it could be a good way to scam as well, to use a well-known company. If you're interested, just give the number a call.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Free repairs and free money, sounds shaddy to me.

But my first thought is Roush and Dodge??? I thought Roush and Ford had a thing going (at least in NASCAR) seems a little strange for two rival car companies to be working with the same specialty group, at least to me.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Ya Roush has deals with Ford not Chrysler. Hince the Roush Mustang,F-150 and Focus. I wouldn't do it. Just shead it up.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Ok, they say they'd have the car 5 to 20 working days, but only put on 75 miles. Load of ****. Call your State's attorney general.

·
Registered
299 Posts
its prob fake...but i got sent a letter last year a recall for my shifter...went to the dealership and they fixed it free u know so, it could be real call the number ask a bunch of questions. thats what id do

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Man, you guys are so quick to just shoot down everything you see. I'm not saying for sure that this isn't a scam, but to correct the rest of you, Roush is more than just performance parts. Do a little research and you'll see that Roush Industries does work with DaimlerChrysler. . .

Roush Industries
When it comes to engineering and development, Roush Industries has a competitive advantage with facilities in the United States, Mexico, and Great Britain. Roush's core business is to provide customers with solutions to their engineering and development needs for performance, power, noise, vibration, and systems packaging. Additionally, Roush has extended these deliverables to meet the needs of other industries, including; electronics, sports equipment, and the motor sports industry. Presently, Roush’s primary customers are also Ford, DaimlerChrysler, and General Motors.
Their Emissions arm is located in Livonia, MI, and for those in the know, know that Livonia is home to many, many OEM parts suppliers and the likes.

Vehicle Emissions Laboratory

Emissions Laboratory
The Roush Emissions Laboratory offers state-of-the-art emissions testing services, facilities, and equipment. Services provided include all development testing and support of EPA, CARB or EU certification.

Tailpipe Emissions
Single (48”) and Twin Roll Testing
Quad Benches
FTIR
LEV / ULEV / Tier2
Gasoline / CNG / LPG / E85 / M85
Environmental Testing (0º - 120º F) with Humidity Control
CARB Aftermarket Certification
EPA / CARB / EU Certification Testing
Comprehensive Report Packages
Canister Loading
Mileage Accumulation

Evaporative Emissions
SHED Full LEVI / LEVII / EU Evaporative Testing
Two Day/Three Day Diurnal
Point Source Running Loss
ORVR Refueling Testing

For additional information, please contact: 734-779-7002, 734-779-7861,
or email [email protected]
Roush’s test facilities offer turnkey services, with on-site engineering personnel, technical support staff, electronics technicians, mechanical and fabrication support, and complete warehousing capabilities.

Services include:

Dynamometer Testing

* Advanced Development and Performance Testing
* Durability Testing
* Alternate Fuel Vehicle Testing
* Specialty Testing
* Warehousing
* Fabrication Services

Vehicle Emissions Laboratory

Powertrain Development & Emissions Testing

* High Performance Electric Dynamometer Test Cell
* Development Engineering
* Combustion Analysis
* Heavy Duty Transient Emissions Testing
* 25 Durability/24 Development
* Gasoline/LPG/CNG/Diesel Fuels
* Emissions & In Cylinder Combustion Analysis
* Deep Thermal Shock

Over the Road Vehicle Testing

* Mileage accumulation simulating real world driving
* Mileage accumulation for component durability
* Development trip support
* Complete mechanical and engineering services
* Fleet Monitoring
* Electronic data transfer capabilities
* Real-time vehicle monitoring
* Data acquisition systems
* Instrumentation services
* Altitude, hot, cold and dry weather facilities

In-Use Procurement Testing

* Emission reality checks
* Safety inspections
* Component System replacement
* Recall service procedure verification
* Fleet maintenance
* Instrumentation installation
* Portering
* Component storage
* Detroit-area and West Coast facilities

Brake Testing and Analysis

* On Road
o LA City Traffic Cycle
+ DST cycle
+ FMVSS testing
+ California, Colorado, Texas, Minnesota, Pennsylvania
* Environmental Brake Dynamometer
Again, the lack of internet search skills before speaking amazes me. All it took was entering two words into a search engine and then clicking on the first link that showed up and I got all that info.

·
Registered
750 Posts
one thing that i would think is it says "our records show purshase of 2002 chrysler vehicle. wouldnt you think it would say purchase of a 2002 chrysler 300M or something afterall they should know what kind of vehicle you have myabe tyake it to the dealer and see if they can find out from daimler or call DC it does seem shady

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool guys...thanks for all your input. I'm gonna tell her not to do it, i mean for 250, its not worth having a loaner for 20 days!

Andrei

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ya it seems fake.

I haven't heard of anything, i can ask my dads friend, hes a salesman at the local DC dealer.

Plus the paper from Chrysler is usually beige and it has the car vin number, like when i get updates to change my oil and stuff. its like "Our records indicate your 2002 intrepid SXT vin XXXXXXXXX yada yada.

Plus they include other info like last recorded mileage and the sig that ppl have mentioned.
They also need to include contact info, sales manager or someone that can answer any of your concerns.

I would ignore it and just throw it out... looks too good to be true.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
smc1377 said:
Again, the lack of internet search skills before speaking amazes me. All it took was entering two words into a search engine and then clicking on the first link that showed up and I got all that info.
well, we didn't need a search to find out its fake.did you read the whole letter?
If it was legit,it would of had owners name and car info,and other legit items.
seems very smart scam.I like the part about a late modle loaner. how do we know its not stolen? or even if its a stolen car from a different scam?
seems too good to be true.call who you need to and getrdone...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I did a 800 number search and could not find that number registered to Roush Industries. Call the BBB and the FTC and see if they have anything on this "program".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts